Adeniran

2 minutes ago, TheSlicer said:

Morecambe 1 - 0 Sheffield Wednesday 

Did you not think we played well, though?

As @Southie_Owlsaid, if we can get the front three sorted, then we look like a decent team. With Windass and Shodipo to return and Sow and Corbeanu to integrate, I'm hopeful of a decent season.

53 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Did you not think we played well, though?

As @Southie_Owlsaid, if we can get the front three sorted, then we look like a decent team. With Windass and Shodipo to return and Sow and Corbeanu to integrate, I'm hopeful of a decent season.

My point, even though it was probably badly made. We’re not that hard to stop. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TheSlicer said:

And it's a fair point with Paterson and Brown in the wide attacking positions.

Hopefully that side of our game will improve significantly with Sow, Corbeanu, Windass and Shodipo factored in.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dunkstar said:

And it's a fair point with Paterson and Brown in the wide attacking positions.

Hopefully that side of our game will improve significantly with Sow, Corbeanu, Windass and Shodipo factored in.

I hope so. I turned off at half time yesterday due to an extremely poor ifollow. So I am yet to see Sow, Corbeanu and Shodipo. 

the feeling on here is that Corbeanu and Shodipo are pretty good from what I’ve read, so fingers crossed 

1 hour ago, TheSlicer said:

I feel it was quite clear from my post that I said once the front 3 is sorted out we will be hard to stop. I said nothing about us being hard to stop against Morecombe. So not sure why the scoreline was posted.  

But anyway, yesterday the starting eleven was without Kamberi, Corbeanu, Sow, Shopido and Windass. And we had a left back and Paterson in the forward line. Personally I feel once we have more recognised forward players on the pitch we will create and score more goals. To add to the solid defensive platform we have already got. 

• Like 3

Just now, TheSlicer said:

Morecambe managed it, so not that hard 

You must be intelligent enough to realise that just because we lost to a lesser team it doesn't mean we are easy to stop.

Tottenham beat Manchester City and prevented them from scoring... by an extension of your logic any Europa League wannabees should be able shut Man City out with some ease, and their quest to be Premier League champions needs to be reassessed and they should be thankful for a top 7 finish.

OR, in reality this is a league where anyone can beat anyone, and we metaphorically battered them while lacking the final clinical piece of quality on the day.

Your persistence here is a strange mixture of admirable and sad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

You must be intelligent enough to realise that just because we lost to a lesser team it doesn't mean we are easy to stop.

Tottenham beat Manchester City and prevented them from scoring... by an extension of your logic any Europa League wannabees should be able shut Man City out with some ease, and their quest to be Premier League champions needs to be reassessed and they should be thankful for a top 7 finish.

OR, in reality this is a league where anyone can beat anyone, and we metaphorically battered them while lacking the final clinical piece of quality on the day.

Your persistence here is a strange mixture of admirable and sad.

It’s not about an extension of “my logic” or my persistence being admirable and sad. 

it’s a simple point that we are not that hard to stop currently. 

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheSlicer said:

It’s not about an extension of “my logic” or my persistence being admirable and sad. 

it’s a simple point that we are not that hard to stop currently. 

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday 

He did mention the sort the front 3 out, unfortunately you failed to see the importance of that point and how that could affect the whole team.

Don't worry though context is hard to understand in written form.

1 minute ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

He did mention the sort the front 3 out, unfortunately you failed to see the importance of that point and how that could affect the whole team.

Don't worry though context is hard to understand in written form.

👌🏻

some people believe we have a divine right to win football games which I will never understand. Morecamb had a brilliant game plan yesterday and executed it perfectly. Defend well, frustrate and try and nick a goal somehow. If you're getting frustrated with us taking the loss after a tricky difficult away day then this is going to be a long season for you I'm afraid. We've just got to keep plugging away game by game and bounce back.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Daavies; said:

some people believe we have a divine right to win football games which I will never understand. Morecamb had a brilliant game plan yesterday and executed it perfectly. Defend well, frustrate and try and nick a goal somehow. If you're getting frustrated with us taking the loss after a tricky difficult away day then this is going to be a long season for you I'm afraid. We've just got to keep plugging away game by game and bounce back.

I’m not getting frustrated at the loss, so if you are referring to me you’re wide of the mark. 

as you say they had a game plan and executed it well and come away with a win, which proves my point. 

but as @Southie_Owl has sad, he/she was meaning when we have the front three sorted we will be difficult to stop. 

UTO