Watch these

2 minutes ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

Why do some hate on Andy Giddings? Seems like a nice chap, doing a good job on the radio. 

Always thought radio Sheffield was fantastic with its coverage. Given birth to some top commentators in the past, too. 

Bang on - well said mate

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

Why do some hate on Andy Giddings? Seems like a nice chap, doing a good job on the radio. 

Always thought radio Sheffield was fantastic with its coverage. Given birth to some top commentators in the past, too. 

Evening Andy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

For me it’s solely because his commentary is invariably awful. Staton, Walker etc we’re decent. Giddings is not. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

For me it’s solely because his commentary is invariably awful. Staton, Walker etc we’re decent. Giddings is not. 

How specifically is it awful? 

Seems whoever it was, we'd find a reason to bash them. Always someone to project our frustration and dissatisfaction on. 

We've got it good! 

• Like 2

Seems whoever it was, we'd find a reason to bash them. Always someone to project our frustration and dissatisfaction on. 

We've got it good! 

For me he spends too much time talking random crap with whoevers co comentating with him. If your listening to the game and not watching you've not got a single clue what's happening until the bells in the net, no build up play or anything.

1 minute ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

We've got it good! 

I find his commentary on our away games on iFollow generally very poor. Him and Laws are like a walking cliché. We were very slightly on top today at times and it was ‘Wednesday are going for the sucker punch’ and something like ‘if this was a boxing match Morecambe would be on the ropes’. That’s amateurish and even though I am watching the game you expect a bit more insight from those guys. It’s all very basic. 

Radio Sheffield do a good job covering football, but for me he is not a good commentator. Paul Walker was streets ahead. 

11 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

For me he spends too much time talking random crap with whoevers co comentating with him. If your listening to the game and not watching you've not got a single clue what's happening until the bells in the net, no build up play or anything.

Can hear that point. 

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It really isn't

There really were some awful things about the commentary today though. 
First two minutes just the dreaded white noise 
First ten minutes was full of long pauses with just crowd noise and no co commentator.

Then the return of ‘ There’s a goal at Chesterfield or let’s go over to Barnsley’ whilst the game we’re paying for gets interrupted.

Not a dig at any of the commentators, just the woeful Ifollow service.

• Like 1