Actively looking to still recruit

If we're looking at free agents, they can be signed anytime as long as they were free at the time the window was operating. Mendez-Laing could be signed after the window closes for example. Sometimes clubs release players near the end of the window to enable them to get clubs more easily. This means more free agents might become available.

not sure need any and tbf moore said he was happy with the recruitment and the squad abs are still looking at one or two 

I’d say if we are looking at two it would possibly be another centre forward 

maybe Simms or Mendez Laing out wide 

I’d be looking at another defensive battling cm maybe to compete and cover luongo we know he’s going to miss games this year and the nearest thing we have to do that nasty work is hutch and he’s settled now at Cb 

this squad is going to be unreal 

it’s already showing with windass, Hutchinson, shodipo and Gibson out looking at luongo now too

corbeano and sow not being utilised yet as they are getting them up to speed 

and yet we still have depth and a strong bench to compete 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I can't explain the hold up but I'd heard Tariq Uwakwe had signed 2 weeks ago.

We've created space within the squad, with Green, Galvin, Hunt all leaving and now Luongo is out for a little while. 

I still expect him to be announced before the window shuts.

There was talk of him leaving Chelsea permanently. Maybe the fee could be the deal breaker.

• Like 1

If you’re a well run club you are always looking. Anyone saying, “we don’t need anyone else”, “where will they play” etc, etc is missing the point. On that basis I find DM’s comment hugely reassuring.

Right now, two things need to be happening as a priority -

Firstly, we aren’t resting on the laurels of our apparent good recruitment. That we are urgently seeking to identify suitable replacements for all our players, especially those who may become desirable to other teams over the course of this season.

And, you should always be looking to recruit from the bottom, up. By that I mean looking to replace your perceived weakest player as the most effective mechanism for improving the squad.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

With Iorfa and Dunkley coming back from long term injury and Hutchinson being a bit injury prone

I still think we are a centre half short

Yes a beast of a centre half and I reckon that would guarantee a top six finish.

Also maybe a left back would give us more strength