Luongo injured again.

Luongo's days at Hillsborough are probably numbered, I don't see him getting a new contract after this season if he even recovers properly. It's a shame because there's a real player there in his prime years and he's not the type of player who is just happy to collect a wage.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

Luongo's days at Hillsborough are probably numbered, I don't see him getting a new contract after this season if he even recovers properly. It's a shame because there's a real player there in his prime years and he's not the type of player who is just happy to collect a wage.

yep , very much agree , at 28 and being a defensive mid he has at least 4 good years in the tank . I can guarantee it now he will leave and go to another side and play 45 games and be played of the year. 
the Wednesday way

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

yep , very much agree , at 28 and being a defensive mid he has at least 4 good years in the tank . I can guarantee it now he will leave and go to another side and play 45 games and be played of the year. 
the Wednesday way

I wanna agree with you that he has 4 good years left, but I reckon he is in a bit of trouble. 29 in a few weeks and with a chronic injury, and now surgery to repair a hammy. Half of this season is cooked for him, he'll probably end up back out here I reckon. Ah well.

6 minutes ago, SouthsideOwl3940 said:

I wanna agree with you that he has 4 good years left, but I reckon he is in a bit of trouble. 29 in a few weeks and with a chronic injury, and now surgery to repair a hammy. Half of this season is cooked for him, he'll probably end up back out here I reckon. Ah well.

has it been confirmed that it’s surgery ? 

2 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

has it been confirmed that it’s surgery ? 

The article said did say "may" require surgery, so nah. But if it's off the bone then either way he's in for a lay off and thats uncool. Out here in the Aussie Rules, usually someone does a hammy and it's 2 -3 weeks or 3-4 if it's a bad one. A handful have opted for surgery, either after a greater injury or repeated injuries. 

Just read the article about it. Sounds like he might have been on the move were it not for the injury. I wonder if that’s why he was left on for the 90 mins because it was linked to a move (to prove his fitness or something)?

Gutted for him as he seems like a top bloke. Gutted for us as when I saw him back I couldn’t believe our luck that we had a proper Championship midfielder in L1 and though it seriously helped or promotion chances. Him being out isn’t as devastating as last season (his cover isn’t Pelupessy for starters) but it is a big blow. 

Wish him all the luck in the world for his recovery.

• Like 1

On 28/08/2021 at 15:43, Billy Hunt said:

Well done Gary Monk you managed to buy someone with a worse injury record than a bloke you ostracized who plays with one good knee.

Let's hope we don't make the same mistake with Dunkley get rid and get in someone who can play 40+ games a season not break down after half a dozen.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Sounds like it’s a long term one then , gutted for him and us . May not see the lad again in a wed shirt . 
cover maybe needed in this area 

We have 7 central midfielder no cover is needed. Bannan, Wing, Byers, Paterson, Adeniran, FDB, Hutchinson.

What we need is at least 2 for centre backs so we don't have to play a full back there anymore. This mistake was made too often under Monk. No more.

31 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Well done Gary Monk you managed to buy someone with a worse injury record than a bloke you ostracized who plays with one good knee.

Let's hope we don't make the same mistake with Dunkley get rid and get in someone who can play 40+ games a season not break down after half a dozen.

Luongo was fit as a fiddle before he came here. And it’s a totally different injury to what he’s had here previously.

Anyway. I’m gutted for Massimo. He’s a great bloke, terrific defensive mid & he’s just been hideously unlucky. We could have really done with him this season, as the Rotherham game highlighted.

• Like 1

Gutted for the boy. Working so hard to get back fit and then for this to happen from such an innocuous incident is a real blow for him. 

A shame for the team too as that was a terrific display from him, one in which he seemed to be growing into it more and more as the game went on. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We have 7 central midfielder no cover is needed. Bannan, Wing, Byers, Paterson, Adeniran, FDB, Hutchinson.

What we need is at least 2 for centre backs so we don't have to play a full back there anymore. This mistake was made too often under Monk. No more.

If we sign two centre backs. Then we will have six of them and we only play two. Don't see that happening. Palmer has proved he can cover ok and there is also Brennan.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Monk didn't buy Luongo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

As someone mentioned after the Rotherham game, even though he played great it was strange we didn't look to bring him off midway through the second half seeing as it was his first game in ages. 

Carlos would be getting some stick if it was him in charge, dare I say. 

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Signed whilst Lee Bullen was caretaker manager, and he had a good injury record before joining us, but other than that a very accurate comment...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1