Luongo injured again.

In four seasons at QPR, other than an international call-up, he only failed to make the squad for a league game 21 times, with the longest run being two matches.

Sods' law we sign a player who played 75% of his team's league minutes over four consecutive seasons, and then he falls to pieces at Hillsborough.

🙄

I really hope he manages to return to full fitness on a consistent basis, for his sake and ours.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Plays it simple and pushes us further up the pitch. Best part about Byers is he tells Bannan to get away from the defence. 

I know its early days and how good he is will come out over time but anything that gets bannan out of the back 4 is positive. 

Anything/anyone who forces Bannan upfield is great by me.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Snap. Bannan in the back 4 causes us so so many problems. 

Bannan staying deep has been a major problem for a long time. He can change a game by getting forward. Most fans have been saying it for ages but only since Byers forced him forward has it happened.

If the only thing Byers does in a game is force Bannan forward he is worth the shirt. It's that critical.

• Like 2

Unforunately he's proved he can't be relied on fitness wise. Shame as he clearly made a difference on sat.

At least we have enough options in there, but I would worry a bit if Bannan and/or Dennis got knocks. Do we need one more midfield enforcer option?

Guest Kagoshimaowl
5 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Plays it simple and pushes us further up the pitch. Best part about Byers is he tells Bannan to get away from the defence. 

I know its early days and how good he is will come out over time but anything that gets bannan out of the back 4 is positive. 

4 hours ago, Sham67 said:

Allows Bannan to play higher up the pitch. Keeps the game ticking over nicely.  I still struggling to see what Wing brings to the party.

I understand that but I just don’t personally think he’s strong enough. Some excellent options though. We all shuddered when Luongo was out last year. I’m quite calm this year that the squad can cope with injuries.

18 hours ago, Matt_1 said:

QPR mate down here said he would have been a lot more disappointed in him leaving if he wasn't always playing for Aus in the Asia Cup in January and being a bit injury prone. Good player, when he can play.

In his 4 years at QPR, Luongo only missed 4 games to play in the Asia Cup, and never missed more than two games in a row either through injury or not being selected.

He played 75% of the minutes he could possibly have played for them over those 4 years, which doesn't suggest a player who missed much through injury.

• Like 3