Luongo injured again.

How long is he contracted for?

Good player and it's a shame, and I know these things happen, but I just feel a bit "over" having to worry or think about players like this. So many other elements of the squad feel so fresh. As another posted suggested, we need to effectively move on from Luongo and consider it a bonus if he can prove his fitness and force himself back in.

• Like 1

I’m prepared to wait and see how bad the injury is and give him time. He’s a player who could be vital for us so I’m not prepared to write him off just yet.

Also bear in mind that many posters on here said Hutch was ‘done’ and ‘finished’ and ‘would never play for us ever again’. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

What does everyone see in Byers? Looks lightweight to me. Wing, Adeniran and Bannan tomorrow for me.

Plays it simple and pushes us further up the pitch. Best part about Byers is he tells Bannan to get away from the defence. 

I know its early days and how good he is will come out over time but anything that gets bannan out of the back 4 is positive. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, Miffed said:

I’m prepared to wait and see how bad the injury is and give him time. He’s a player who could be vital for us so I’m not prepared to write him off just yet.

Also bear in mind that many posters on here said Hutch was ‘done’ and ‘finished’ and ‘would never play for us ever again’. 

Exactly this. Hopefully, he will be back soon. Hes a good player, when fit, but no use to anyone when injured. Im not sure who would take him on though at the end of his contract, if his injuries continue. I think weve turned a corner in carrying injured players, so cant see us renewing unless he plays a lot of games

• Like 1

You can't judge how good he really is, he plays one game, then injured.  They never seem to be  little niggles always out for weeks. We can't afford to be carrying players. We have had plenty of players like that in the past few seasons. We need to get promoted as soon as possible. This season. Uto

1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

What does everyone see in Byers? Looks lightweight to me. Wing, Adeniran and Bannan tomorrow for me.

Allows Bannan to play higher up the pitch. Keeps the game ticking over nicely.  I still struggling to see what Wing brings to the party.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daavies; said:

Such a shame the way his Wednesday career has gone. I really think we need to focus our efforts on Byers, Wing, Adeniran and Bannan and try a move on from Luongo.

It was the same story at qpr the only reason they let him go is because of the injuries