Luongo injured again.

1 minute ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

He was good overall , Moore described at as a little knock , let’s hope it’s weeks not months , I was surprised he played the full 90 to be honest 

Hope so, but DM did say he wasn't sure whether it was a bad one which isn't quite the same as saying it's a little knock and that being the case. He's had a week to recover and hasn't and yet they're still not sure how bad it is, doesn't inspire me with confidence. OTH the Sunderland match may well be postponed so he'll have more time to get right before the next league match.

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

Luongo is different to the rest though, totally different aspect to his game and how he plays

I get it, but he's never fit. It's the same every season, plays a good game then out for 6. He doesn't even seem to be a quick healer, it's always months.

• Like 1

Get Byers in for Luongo and when in posession, sit him deeper. Play Bannan higher. Adeniran can support from the middle.

Defensively, sit Bannan on Stockton with Byers and Adeniran forming a DM midfield pairing.

Paterson can just wander around, staring and growling at people and generally scaring everyone.

Sorted.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Thought as much after the Rotherham game when he was laid out after the final whistle. He’s a really good player but I think we are going to have to see any time he gets on the pitch as a bonus and use him relatively sparingly (assuming he gets fit at all). 
Try and get and keep him fit and use him for 60 or 45 mins at a time.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Daavies; said:

Such a shame the way his Wednesday career has gone. I really think we need to focus our efforts on Byers, Wing, Adeniran and Bannan and try a move on from Luongo.

Did he not have the same problems at his former club. QPR?

4 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Did he not have the same problems at his former club. QPR?

Nope. His injuries started after he joined us. Whether QPR had seen signs that he was starting to get a few more niggles or not I don’t know, but he played 41 games in his final QPR season. 

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

Nope. His injuries started after he joined us. Whether QPR had seen signs that he was starting to get a few more niggles or not I don’t know, but he played 41 games in his final QPR season. 

Yes, just seen that, surprising, his injuries started here and plagued him through-out.

Shame.

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Basically, Hutchinson has replaced Loovens and Luongo has replaced Hutchinson...

Hutchinson is 50/50 at best for tomorrow, if he misses 2 games in a row, does that mean that nobody has replaced Hutchinson, because he's injured?

I've confused myself now.