I'll hold up my hands and say I'm wrong

There are several facets to the BPF signing.

Improved the confidence throughout the team as it’s no longer a liability position.

His confidence on the ball and distribution.

I don’t actually think his shot stopping has been massively tested other than the pens. But no doubt he’s a great shot stopper, confident and authoritative when required. Great communicator as well.

100% a great acquisition for this season and credit DM for not only acknowledging the weakness but having the strength of belief to sort the problem. Not to mention getting Dawson out on loan to build experience and hopefully confidence. 

I just hope we are already looking for next seasons solution because it’ll almost certainly be needed.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Morepork said:

There are several facets to this.

Improved the confidence in the team as it’s no longer a liability position.

His confidence on the ball and distribution.

I don’t actually think his shot stopping has been massively tested other than the pens. 

100% a great acquisition for this season and credit DM for not only acknowledging the weakness but having the strength of belief to sort the problem.

Agree with the majority of that. Hopefully we never find out about his shot stopping ability with Iorfa and (hopefully) Hutch back soon.

Possible the easiest route to our clean sheet record ever, lol.

I'm not sure BPF coming in and getting off to a very good start means you were wrong for thinking Dawson and/or Wildsmith are good enough. They still could be.

Still, it's nice to have someone in goal who the majority of fans seem to trust, as I'm pretty sure the players can sense nervousness in the crowd, which definitely has an impact on their performance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I’ve been wrong many a time but not when it comes to Dawson and Wildsmith! As has been mentioned, hopefully the loan for Dawson will be the making of him although it will probably be with another club.

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

1 hour ago, horny owl said:

I thought we were nailed on for relegation again this season 

Seasons only just started but I’m confident we’ll be top half now

I was the same. I genuinely saw us in league two next season. At the time we had let most of the first team go, had a transfer embargo, weren't paying players, and it looked like our only option was to make a team out of whoever was left with an existing contract. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Shadowl said:

So preseason I defended the idea that our  pre-BPF keepers were good enough. But with the clean sheets and the confidence I have with him and the defence, I'd like to say I was totally wrong. We did need a new first team keeper. So glad to have BPF.

Anyone else have something they were wrong about Wednesday related... Otherwise we can all just get of track and talk about marmite again.

I hope you were wrong but it's far too soon to say.  I remember posts drooling over Kadeem Harris this time last year.