Life With The Owls - VHS 1986

I have recently acquired a VHS video called 'Life With The Owls - At Home and Away' - hopefully nothing to do with a poor Australian soap opera. 

According to the case it's a behind the scenes video, featuring our home game against Luton, and away game against QPR in November 1986. 

I had a lot of the old Wednesday videos at the time, but I haven't come across this before. 

Is anybody able to convert this from ye olde VHS to a more modern format? Better still if you're able to upload it to YouTube for everyone to see, that would be awesome. 

PXL_20210826_103852543.jpg

PXL_20210826_103900403.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest Garryswfcowl72

Tony Carnel the club commentator was truly awful “Gary Megson Shelton Megson Shelton Megson wrong  surname right Christian name “🤷🏻

Good watch that. Was at both those games.

QPR I remember we could have been four or five down at half time but good comeback in the second half. Weird that I can remember that but nothing about the last game I went to!

Real shame Wilkinson didn’t getting the financial backing he needed to improve the team. Surely we would have won something had that been the case.

Great manager, great times.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I bought it in 1986. It was a pretty poor effort for a club video back then, embarrassing at times in terms of production and some very wooden interviews. Maybe has more interest now as dated and yes, memories of a great team. If the board had backed Howard Wilkinson, I agree we would have won something. He was years ahead of his time with player fitness and conditioning, attacking full backs and pressing and closing down the opposition from the front. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Since 1971 said:

I bought it in 1986. It was a pretty poor effort for a club video back then, embarrassing at times in terms of production and some very wooden interviews. Maybe has more interest now as dated and yes, memories of a great team. If the board had backed Howard Wilkinson, I agree we would have won something. He was years ahead of his time with player fitness and conditioning, attacking full backs and pressing and closing down the opposition from the front. 

And to think at that time in the 1980's, HW was getting stick off the likes of Kevin Keegan and Malcolm MacDonald by saying that his approach on how the game should be played is Anti Football. Well HW certainly had the last laugh on KK a few years later by winning the League Title dare i say it ' Leeds United '. :tango:

20 hours ago, Mole said:

I have recently acquired a VHS video called 'Life With The Owls - At Home and Away' - hopefully nothing to do with a poor Australian soap opera. 

According to the case it's a behind the scenes video, featuring our home game against Luton, and away game against QPR in November 1986. 

I had a lot of the old Wednesday videos at the time, but I haven't come across this before. 

Is anybody able to convert this from ye olde VHS to a more modern format? Better still if you're able to upload it to YouTube for everyone to see, that would be awesome. 

PXL_20210826_103852543.jpg

PXL_20210826_103900403.jpg

Great stuff cheers

18 hours ago, Garryswfcowl72 said:

Tony Carnel the club commentator was truly awful “Gary Megson Shelton Megson Shelton Megson wrong  surname right Christian name “🤷🏻

I think he did the commentary  on a  testimonial  game  describing  errol bomber Graham  throwing off  in the middle of the pitch🤣 it always got a laugh on the coach  going to away games