Reach Starting Tonight

Adam Reach – WhoScored rating 5.48

Whereas youth and inexperience excuse both Shotton and De Castro, Adam Reach cannot claim either of those as his defence.

The former Middlesbrough and Sheffield Wednesday man played out of position as a left-sided defender. He didn’t have much of an effect on the game for the Baggies.

Reach saw a decent amount of possession (46 touches/3.6%) but failed to make an impact, completing 17 of his 27 passes (63% accuracy). He did make one shot but it was woefully off target.

A disappointing performance for the 28-year-old. It will be one he’ll want to put right when West Brom get back to league action.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Whereas youth and inexperience excuse both Shotton and De Castro, Adam Reach cannot claim either of those as his defence.

The former Middlesbrough and Sheffield Wednesday man played out of position as a left-sided defender. He didn’t have much of an effect on the game for the Baggies.

Reach saw a decent amount of possession (46 touches/3.6%) but failed to make an impact, completing 17 of his 27 passes (63% accuracy). He did make one shot but it was woefully off target.

A disappointing performance for the 28-year-old. It will be one he’ll want to put right when West Brom get back to league action.

I didn’t see the game but from the line up and highlights it seemed he was playing as a left sided wing back rather than defender as they’ve stated.  But I could be wrong.  If I’m not,  they better get used to Reach putting in 5.48 performances on that left side more often 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, northeastowl said:

Looks like the West Brom fans have seen through him already. Was getting pelters online last night. 

Don't go posting things like that the admin won't like it 😳 ... he loves reach ... 🤣 be careful you will be on the naughty step 

• Haha 1

reach agent sent out his goals on youtube and instantly gets a contract .  i wonder how many west brom supporters after his 2 years there will be left impressed? my guess is a big fat zero. anyways lets forget about him harris reach hirst or those 2 money grabbers at celtic there gone 

Reach is a decent Championship player. He'll get on fine. Would have thought he will mostly be used as a squad player, unless he really rediscovers his form and something clicks. Sure West Brom will be happy, it's not like they have forked out a large fee for him. Coming across a touch bitter and silly on this thread imo. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As I started this thread I will give my opinion.  Since we signed him Reach has been one of our better players, there were more far worse than him.  He worked hard, had some good games and scored goals, some spectacular.  However his form deteriorated, the same as the team.  Maybe because of the large outlay and wages we expected more.  It was right that he moved on and we parted company.  It’s a shame we didn’t get a fee for him but he has freed up wages and I think our current squad is stronger with the changes made.  Reach is not a poor player he has some qualities but he is not without weaknesses.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Beats me why managers choose to play Reach as either a left back or a wing back.  He can't tackle to save his life.  

A left sided midfielder who should play with a defender behind him.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FranksanOwl said:

As I started this thread I will give my opinion.  Since we signed him Reach has been one of our better players, there were more far worse than him.  He worked hard, had some good games and scored goals, some spectacular.  However his form deteriorated, the same as the team.  Maybe because of the large outlay and wages we expected more.  It was right that he moved on and we parted company.  It’s a shame we didn’t get a fee for him but he has freed up wages and I think our current squad is stronger with the changes made.  Reach is not a poor player he has some qualities but he is not without weaknesses.

Problem with Reach was when we needed for players to stand up and be counted Reach went the other way , decent technical footballer but a heart of a pea .