Reach Starting Tonight

8 hours ago, 1867Heaven said:

They had around 500 caps on the pitch when we beat them 3-0....before Reach signed for us though that was...

Sadly it was the recruitment in the transfer windows after that game where we went from having a promising team, to a squad of overpaid wasters 

At the end of the day, Reach will continue to pick up a decent wedge for sitting on the WBA bench and coming on for the occasional last 15 minutes or so. As a player, I don't think he's missed at Hillsborough and quite frankly I'd rather watch Adeniran play.

We do seem to have an obsession regarding former players.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Having to watch the games last season on Ifollow was bad enough but watching Reach trying to defend, chuffing ell, I'd do a better job and I'm 60+. 

No doubt he has a great left foot and he was being played in the wrong position but his contribution last season was shocking.

He had no fight in him to keep us up, so why the managers kept playing him week after week especially in a defensive role where even when we did attack he has no pace to cause a threat?

I didn't watch the WBA game but wonder what his stats where for his attacking play. Did he play more offensive or was he running up and down just sticking his arm out and pointing as opposition players walked passed him. Our teams better with out him, just a shame we hadn't got him under contract when WBA signed him.

13 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

I recall people saying we’d get £15m for him one year… 

Reach isn't worth £15m in a month of Sundays. 

But we live in an age of inflated transfer fee's, home grown quota's for Europe etc. I don't think it's too ridiculous to envisage a naturally left footed English winger, in his mid 20's with his own compilation of absolute screamers, being picked up by someone for relative peanuts (which is what £15m is to Prem clubs now).

Reach does have ability and an engine. Ultimately though we also know what he doesn't have, and along with his inconsistent form for us he really should have kicked on further at this level than he has. He's a player who it wouldn't surprise me to see him do well yet, while being glad he's no longer our issue to worry about.

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
11 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

I would have loved to have seen his face when Ismael saw that teamsheet of Arsenal's having just handed in his.

lol

Should be fined in my opinion. Disgraceful!

Why is it that managers can take the ******** in proper tournaments like the FA Cup and League Cup yet the Papa John’s tinpot trophy has ‘rules’ to follow? Absolutely blows my mind.

11 hours ago, mancowl08 said:

I watched the 2nd half. There’s one replay which last about 10 seconds, where he points on 4 separate occasions. It did make me chuckle. Good riddance Reach. 

Yep, pointing all over the place, not one tackle, was even pointing as the ball goes in the net.

Disaster he won't get many first team games with that showing. 

14 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Yep, pointing all over the place, not one tackle, was even pointing as the ball goes in the net.

Disaster he won't get many first team games with that showing. 

What was you expecting him to do with that side he was playing in against the team arsenal put out?