Ronaldo to Citeh?

Mickjj

Ole has an uncanny knack of getting a big result(s) when the pressure is on him. 

Should be pointed out that Atlanta had several injuries last night and a makeshift defence. 

Two times Ronnie has saved them against sides (at home) who you would consider to be "ok" at Champions League level. 

Edited by SiJ

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

It’s a never ending cycle for United fans. They’ll keep losing against the poorer teams, then will put something out of the bag on the champions league nights 

They can’t escape it lol 

It is hilarious. 

I don't think he's up to the task of taking them to where they want to be, but then I do think he gets treated like crap by some of their "supporters." 

At the end of the day, he has brought a degree of stability to Man United, which hasn't been there since Fergie departed in 2013. 

The problem Ole has now is their squad is probably good enough to be challenging for major trophies, though I still think they need to sort out their central midfield. Pogba is far too much of a liability in central areas when he plays in the PL and then you've got McTominay and Fred. The former is a solid squad player, the latter is quite simply one of the most average midfielders I have ever seen play for a top club. 

22 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It is hilarious. 

I don't think he's up to the task of taking them to where they want to be, but then I do think he gets treated like crap by some of their "supporters." 

At the end of the day, he has brought a degree of stability to Man United, which hasn't been there since Fergie departed in 2013. 

The problem Ole has now is their squad is probably good enough to be challenging for major trophies, though I still think they need to sort out their central midfield. Pogba is far too much of a liability in central areas when he plays in the PL and then you've got McTominay and Fred. The former is a solid squad player, the latter is quite simply one of the most average midfielders I have ever seen play for a top club. 

I honestly think he’s the worst manager in the league. They could have brought in any nostalgic player from the 90s as caretaker and they each would have brought the same stability 

They’ve got a few problems. Firstly the gap between defence and midfield is too big. Secondly, they don’t press in numbers. It’s individuals pressing which affects the balance.

The top teams press from the front. Problem with signing Ronaldo is he doesn’t/ can’t do that consistently, so it hinders their shape 

They played with a low block last season and had Rashford capitalise on the breakaways which got them their moments in games. He’s been injured so far this season, so now his return may see a change in fortunes 

But even playing counter attacking football with Rashford, they’re still a million miles away from Liverpool, City and Chelsea and won’t get enough points to challenge

It’ll never change until they get rid of the manager 

The squad they have is phenomenal. Fergie would win the league with them, even though City, Liverpool and Chelsea have comparative teams/squads. 

They need a better manager otherwise they are going to waste the best years of an expensively assembled squad of top players.

• Like 1

On 21/10/2021 at 13:31, FreshOwl said:

I honestly think he’s the worst manager in the league. They could have brought in any nostalgic player from the 90s as caretaker and they each would have brought the same stability 

They’ve got a few problems. Firstly the gap between defence and midfield is too big. Secondly, they don’t press in numbers. It’s individuals pressing which affects the balance.

The top teams press from the front. Problem with signing Ronaldo is he doesn’t/ can’t do that consistently, so it hinders their shape 

They played with a low block last season and had Rashford capitalise on the breakaways which got them their moments in games. He’s been injured so far this season, so now his return may see a change in fortunes 

But even playing counter attacking football with Rashford, they’re still a million miles away from Liverpool, City and Chelsea and won’t get enough points to challenge

It’ll never change until they get rid of the manager 

Agree

If Moore and OGS went tomorrow and we  ended up with Ole at Wednesday I’d be furious 

14 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Bet he wishes he’d gone to City

By the time they kick off away to Spurs next weekend Man Utd are likely to be 11 points off top spot. No nearer to winning the league than they were without him. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

By the time they kick off away to Spurs next weekend Man Utd are likely to be 11 points off top spot. No nearer to winning the league than they were without him. 

Great signing for the PL.

He will no doubt bang in 20 odd goals. But he can't carry this team to the title. I'm not sure this team is good enough to accommodate him if that makes sense.

He's at that stage of his career where he should be the cherry on top, not the one trying to drag a team to titles. He wasn't exactly known for his great defensive work when he was 25, was he?

Man Utd relying on a 36 year old to be their best player, 37 in February, is a big problem and was never going to work. They should be like the other top sides and have a main man who’s in their pomp, like Salah, Lukaku - who ironically they deemed not got enough and let him go elsewhere.  Man Utd not pushing the boat out to get players like Haaland and Kane like they used to, puts them where they are today.  And that defence is awful. Biggest club in the world and they have a defence as equally as good as Saints or Brighton 

• Like 1

Just now, Southie_Owl said:

Man Utd relying on a 36 year old to be their best player, 37 in February, is a big problem and was never going to work. They should be like the other top sides and have a main man who’s in their pomp, like Salah, Lukaku - who ironically they deemed not got enough and let him go elsewhere.  Man Utd not pushing the boat out to get players like Haaland and Kane like they used to, puts them where they are today.  And that defence is awful. Biggest club in the world and they have a defence as equally as good as Saints or Brighton 

Midfield is horrific too.

13 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Great signing for the PL.

He will no doubt bang in 20 odd goals. But he can't carry this team to the title. I'm not sure this team is good enough to accommodate him if that makes sense.

He's at that stage of his career where he should be the cherry on top, not the one trying to drag a team to titles. He wasn't exactly known for his great defensive work when he was 25, was he?

Yeah, it's not his fault but I'm not sure it was the right move for him or the club. He would certainly have more chance of honours had he gone to City but I don't think he would have been playing as often under Pep and I can't see him being that happy to rotate regularly. 

They almost have too many attacking options and not enough defensive. Sancho, chased by the club for 2 years, signed for a fortune and can't get a game. Van Der Beek, never gets a look in, Martial and Cavani.

I don’t think Ronaldo is the problem at United. If you can’t get the best out of Ronaldo and the attacking talent around him - that’s on the manager not the personnel.

United are probably a defensive midfield player a way from having the best first 11 in the league for me. 

Says a lot about the manager. 

34 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don’t think Ronaldo is the problem at United. If you can’t get the best out of Ronaldo and the attacking talent around him - that’s on the manager not the personnel.

United are probably a defensive midfield player a way from having the best first 11 in the league for me. 

Says a lot about the manager. 

Even with a word class DM they're still a long way behind City, Liverpool and Chelsea