Ronaldo to Citeh?

Mickjj

3 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

The gaping hole upfront for City is laughable & terrible planning. No striker policy is coming home to roost.

What chance them going back in for HK in January when they're a few points off the PL pace, and Spurs are wallowing mid-table?

He'll be cheaper and wanting out. Might have been the plan all along.

I can definitely see that happening. 

I think Grealish is great but last night you knew what he was planning to do every time he got the ball…. no one in the box to aim at either. 

As for HK, I’m not sure what the point in Spurs keeping him was… even with all his goals Spurs achieve nothing anyway. 

Man U play tonight, big game for Ole

3 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Haha I do have a soft spot for them. My favourite of the PL clubs. Ronaldo’s impact since he came back has just been immense. 

Fair enough. I had no time for them at all when we were PL but it's been that long since we were there I have mellowed a bit, prefer City though, just feel like the 30K plus who stuck with them in the 3rd division deserve their time in the sun (yes it is a forlorn hope that one day it will be us!).

Ronaldo & Messi, are the greatest of all time for me, the application, dedication and sheer brilliance they have produced at the top level for so long is unlikely to be seen again. They have consistently been better than everyone else for around 15 years. 

He will continue to score goals but wonder if he might get a little frustrated at the results under Ole, they can't afford too many results like Villa at home and Young Boys if they are going to win something.

20 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Haha I do have a soft spot for them. My favourite of the PL clubs. Ronaldo’s impact since he came back has just been immense. 

Serious question:

Why do you have a soft spot for them? 

Assuming you are around my age, so had to endure their dominance and all the Mickey mouse Man Yoo fans?

I still enjoy seeing them balls up, though I find Liverpool less palatable these days.

Chelsea are just inherently obnoxious.

City...I think having a mate who supported them through all the rubbish means I'm a bit less harsh on them tbh.

Arsenal...meh. Too young to really remember 1992/1993 (I started supporting us in 94) and it was hard not to enjoy the invincible etc.

Spurs are just sh*t.

9 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Serious question:

Assuming you are around my age, so had to endure their dominance and all the Mickey mouse Man Yoo fans?

Man United are probably my preferred of the top clubs as well. I don’t care about the Mickey Mouse fans. I think United’s core genuine support is easily the best of the big clubs and one of the best in the country. 

I’m in my mid 30’s. My experience of the 90’s Manchester United was always being the best atmosphere at home (by miles) and actually doing well against them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Serious question:

Went to uni in Manchester, went to watch them quite often around 2007, 2008, 2009 when they were an awesome side. Just got really drawn in by the history of the club. They do have a lot of embarrassing plastic supporters, but underneath all the corporate bullshit they have an excellent core fanbase. Their away fanbase for instance is the best in the country IMO. 

And they loathe Liverpool, so what’s not to like? lol

3 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Man United are probably my preferred of the top clubs as well. I don’t care about the Mickey Mouse fans. I think United’s core genuine support is easily the best of the big clubs and one of the best in the country. 

I’m in my mid 30’s. My experience of the 90’s Manchester United was always being the best atmosphere at home (by miles) and actually doing well against them. 

Similar age to you and I don’t mind Man Utd either. I have a bell of a lot of respect for them, especially their sides during the Ferguson era.

they might have acquired a few glory hunters along the way but their support base is massive. The thing about their fans not been from Manchester and the true mancunians been City fans it a totsl

myth 

• Like 1

Another soft spot here for United here. I live in Manchester, even went out to watch the match yesterday, got the tram through old Trafford and the atmosphere was amazing.

I’ll always look for their result after Wednesday and do take an interest in their team and other news surrounding the club 

I wouldn’t say it’s a support thing though. More because I live here and being a global powerhouse they perk my interest.

If I didn’t live here I doubt I would