Jump to content

Ronaldo to Citeh?


Recommended Posts

Really pleased for my Brighton in laws that they are doing so well. Should make the next roast dinner fun for me..  “yeah so we’re 3rd in the PL, how are Wednesday doing?”.  “Well we just lost to Morecambe and Plymouth and nearly beat Shrewsbury, and we’re midtable in league 1 now so we’re doing alright, can’t complain”… 

:duntmatter:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

I see refs still don’t have the bottle to book him for diving then


Seeing as he should have been given two penalties, getting booked as well would have been slightly harsh 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:


Seeing as he should have been given two penalties, getting booked as well would have been slightly harsh 

 

The first one was a dive, threw himself into the defender then threw himself to the floor. The second one should have been a penalty. 

 

What a decision to bring Noble on just to take the penalty though, far worse than Southgate in the Euro's as at least those players knew they would be taking penalties if it came to it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

Even the first pen could have been given. Certainly wouldn’t have gotten overturned by VAR. The defender wasn’t trying to get his leg out of the way. The 2nd was a definite pen. 


Agreed the defender moves his leg out and doesn’t touch the ball, yes Ronaldo runs into the guys leg and throws himself to the floor but it’s still initially an obstruction in my view which is a foul 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mean, the first one is as much of a pen as you will see. you can clearly see the defenders knee smash into Ronaldo's. The second one looks like a penalty until you slow it down and see he was falling into the contact, he even got the good 'ol foot drag back out just for old times sake.

 

He probably didnt get the first one because refs think he's doing what he did for he second one.

 

Unlucky.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

I mean, the first one is as much of a pen as you will see. you can clearly see the defenders knee smash into Ronaldo's. The second one looks like a penalty until you slow it down and see he was falling into the contact, he even got the good 'ol foot drag back out just for old times sake.

 

He probably didnt get the first one because refs think he's doing what he did for he second one.

 

Unlucky.

 

It shouldn't matter what the ref thinks if VAR is doing its job.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Big Messi fan, not so much a fan of Ronaldo (Although accept he is an incredible player).

But one of the two has set off like a train, whilst the other doesn't seem to have done anything of note, yet.

 

Early days though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

I mean, the first one is as much of a pen as you will see. you can clearly see the defenders knee smash into Ronaldo's. The second one looks like a penalty until you slow it down and see he was falling into the contact, he even got the good 'ol foot drag back out just for old times sake.

 

He probably didnt get the first one because refs think he's doing what he did for he second one.

 

Unlucky.

He’s falling into the first one as well.  It’s what he does, it’s natural to him - his first instinct is to cheat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Outstanding start from the GOAT 

 

At 36 he’s showing no let up, truly remarkable. Only Zlatan comes close for the way he’s stayed at the top of his game in a top league despite his advancing years 

Edited by Django
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Django said:

Outstanding start from the GOAT 

 

At 36 he’s showing no let up, truly remarkable. Only Zlatan comes close for the way he’s stayed at the top of his game in a top league despite his advancing years 


You’ve got to respect these guys. Their fitness routines, diet etc etc must be incredible. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...