Ronaldo to Citeh?

Mickjj

Really pleased for my Brighton in laws that they are doing so well. Should make the next roast dinner fun for me..  “yeah so we’re 3rd in the PL, how are Wednesday doing?”.  “Well we just lost to Morecambe and Plymouth and nearly beat Shrewsbury, and we’re midtable in league 1 now so we’re doing alright, can’t complain”… 

:duntmatter:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Seeing as he should have been given two penalties, getting booked as well would have been slightly harsh 

The first one was a dive, threw himself into the defender then threw himself to the floor. The second one should have been a penalty. 

What a decision to bring Noble on just to take the penalty though, far worse than Southgate in the Euro's as at least those players knew they would be taking penalties if it came to it. 

4 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Ronaldo gets some stick that Kane wouldn’t. 

Kane barely touched the ball second half today, bet he is loving still being at Spurs.

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

Even the first pen could have been given. Certainly wouldn’t have gotten overturned by VAR. The defender wasn’t trying to get his leg out of the way. The 2nd was a definite pen. 

Agreed the defender moves his leg out and doesn’t touch the ball, yes Ronaldo runs into the guys leg and throws himself to the floor but it’s still initially an obstruction in my view which is a foul 

• Like 1

I mean, the first one is as much of a pen as you will see. you can clearly see the defenders knee smash into Ronaldo's. The second one looks like a penalty until you slow it down and see he was falling into the contact, he even got the good 'ol foot drag back out just for old times sake.

He probably didnt get the first one because refs think he's doing what he did for he second one.

Unlucky.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

I mean, the first one is as much of a pen as you will see. you can clearly see the defenders knee smash into Ronaldo's. The second one looks like a penalty until you slow it down and see he was falling into the contact, he even got the good 'ol foot drag back out just for old times sake.

He probably didnt get the first one because refs think he's doing what he did for he second one.

Unlucky.

It shouldn't matter what the ref thinks if VAR is doing its job.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

Unlucky.

He’s falling into the first one as well.  It’s what he does, it’s natural to him - his first instinct is to cheat.

Outstanding start from the GOAT 

At 36 he’s showing no let up, truly remarkable. Only Zlatan comes close for the way he’s stayed at the top of his game in a top league despite his advancing years 

Edited by Django
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, Django said:

Outstanding start from the GOAT 

At 36 he’s showing no let up, truly remarkable. Only Zlatan comes close for the way he’s stayed at the top of his game in a top league despite his advancing years 

You’ve got to respect these guys. Their fitness routines, diet etc etc must be incredible.