Nathaniel Mendez-Laing

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

That would be an odd one. 

Unless we are going for the world record number of wingers in one squad.

An excessive amount of wingers is the new excessive amount of central defenders, which was the new excessive number of strikers…

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I know everyone’s going on about us having too many wingers but I think Moore looks at all his attacking options as forwards as some players regarded as wingers/wide players could easily play down the middle. So depending on the formation, we could be playing up to 4 forwards.

3/4 starting and maybe 2/3 more on the bench. Injuries, suspensions, rotation. You may be looking at having up to 10 forwards?

I really don’t have a problem with us signing Mendez-Laing and it could prove to be one of Moore’s shrewdest signings yet?

• Like 1

So, wingers we have already:-

Shodipo

Corbeanu

Brown

Johnson

Paterson(?)

Sow

Have I missed any? Moore obviously sees Brown as a winger atm, Johnson and Paterson could be seen as filling other positions?

Would be excessive for me, and on good wages, unless Shodipo's injury is worse than thought.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

So, wingers we have already:-

Shodipo

Corbeanu

Brown

Johnson

Paterson(?)

Sow

Have I missed any? Moore obviously sees Brown as a winger atm, Johnson and Paterson could be seen as filling other positions?

Would be excessive for me, and on good wages, unless Shodipo's injury is worse than thought.

He doesn't have a wage. 

1 minute ago, CalmJimmers said:

Ok, sign him up if he'll play for free, not sure employment lawyers will be happy like but we have a good record in the courts.

Oh aye, proper funny is that, he doesn't have a club at the moment, so won't be on good wages. 

You knew that anyway. 

• Like 1

Just now, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Oh aye, proper funny is that, he doesn't have a club at the moment, so won't be on good wages. 

You knew that anyway. 

Thanks mate. I don't care for internet arguments. You knew what I meant. He's not going to play for youth team wages and we already have enough wingers imo.

mmmmm ..... Mendez-Laing has had a difficult couple of years in terms of his football career, with the former Cardiff City man having been banned for three months after an in-competition urine sample ‘was found to contain metabolites of cocaine once subsequently analysed’.

As a result of his positive test in July last year, the 29-year-old was released by Cardiff for ‘an alleged breach of contract’

Edited by S25OWL

1 minute ago, CalmJimmers said:

Thanks mate. I don't care for internet arguments. You knew what I meant. He's not going to play for youth team wages and we already have enough wingers imo.

That's the thing, if he wants to get back into the game, and SWFC are showing an interest I would assume the wages would be befitting his status, this isn't the spendthrift to hell with the consequences SWFC anymore, Moore wants him I'll go with that. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

That's the thing, if he wants to get back into the game, and SWFC are showing an interest I would assume the wages would be befitting his status, this isn't the spendthrift to hell with the consequences SWFC anymore, Moore wants him I'll go with that. 

Cool, if he wants him and fits into the team without spending excess money like what has happened since Chansiri has come in then I'm all for it.

If he's an extra winger including what we already have then imo it's too much and we should put the money to better use.

• Haha 1