Carlos on Talksport

Guest T Hardy
2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Give it a rest mate, he’s not going to shag you.

Also I have to say what an incredibly boring and unoriginal response, trying so hard to convince people you have a sense of humour to distract from your bitterness… How do you know he hasn’t already shagged me?

Choose to be miserable and hateful; I’ll continue to celebrate my best memories as a Wednesday fan 👍

11 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Also I have to say what an incredibly boring and unoriginal response, trying so hard to convince people you have a sense of humour to distract from your bitterness… How do you know he hasn’t already shagged me?

Choose to be miserable and hateful; I’ll continue to celebrate my best memories as a Wednesday fan 👍

Get a grip you two, exchange phone numbers and you can meet up and shag until the cows come home, 

7 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

Liked him at the time but all our problems stemmed from him, he clearly gets on with Jim White and is pandering for another big money job in England..

All our problems stem from our owner and his non existent management structure behind the scenes.

10 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

All our problems stem from our owner and his non existent management structure behind the scenes.

He made mistakes and is ultimately the one to blame but it wasn’t him who looked at 200 centre back before paying £4m for van aken, it wasn’t him who bailed when the going got tough....he’s still here remember...our owner is responsible for signing managers and in the early days he backed them to much, 90% of that backing went to Carlos.

9 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

He made mistakes and is ultimately the one to blame but it wasn’t him who looked at 200 centre back before paying £4m for van aken, it wasn’t him who bailed when the going got tough....he’s still here remember...our owner is responsible for signing managers and in the early days he backed them to much, 90% of that backing went to Carlos.

It was though. He put the recruitment teams in place and his advisors. 

CC wanted Keogh and Morrison and specifically said in an interview he wanted a CB with championship experience. Then ended up with Van Aken. 

Carlos didn’t drive the transfers.

Can add Van Aken to Abdi, Jones, Rhodes in signings he didn’t want amongst others (ie Urby)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

And not to mention its blatantly obvious he didn't dictate the signings. So these accusations that he left us with a crocked ageing squad is detracting from the obvious truth. 

Players like Jones, Abdi, they weren't his signings. 

Look back, he said in an interview he wanted a championship proven centre half, Morrison and Keogh were the ones. 

He ended up with Joost Van Aken for £4m!

He wanted Guedioura, powerful player, didn't get him. We then sign Abdi. 

If anything, that recruitment model and approach actually COST HIM and made his job harder. 

Carlos didn't want Gary Hooper as well, his number one target was Chris Wood but as he wasn't proven, Wood was never signed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, T Hardy said:

I’ll continue to celebrate my best memories as a Wednesday fan 👍

Abject failure with the best budget and squad  

Impressive lol

Let's concentrate on supporting the best chance you'll have of success then.

The current manager.

Not someone who loves the sound of his own voice.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 1867Heaven said:

I don’t believe Carlos chose to sign Van Aken at all. For me that signing is one of the first and biggest red flags of Chansiri’s reign. 

Guest T Hardy
2 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Abject failure with the best budget and squad  

Impressive lol

Let's concentrate on supporting the best chance you'll have of success then.

The current manager.

Not someone who loves the sound of his own voice.

Nobody is calling for a CC Appreciation Day, it’s just worth remembering when abuse flies his way that taking us to Wembley and a subsequent play off appearance is more than anybody else has achieved for 30 years here. I don’t count promotion from League One as a great achievement, in the same way West Ham, Newcastle and Villa don’t celebrate getting back to the Premier League as one of their great achievements.  

If everything but getting back to the Premier League is “abject failure”, dare I politely suggest that most of us will spend our entire lives from now viewing Wednesday as nothing but an abject failure.. I’ll choose to take as much joy as possible from supporting our club rather than being constantly down, and sadly a day out at Wembley is the best a lot of us will ever experience.

11 hours ago, katie melua said:

Carlos didn't want Gary Hooper as well, his number one target was Chris Wood but as he wasn't proven, Wood was never signed.

This was a Carlos quote on Hooper: 

"He was my first choice since the beginning and I'm sure he's happy here," Carvalhal said. "He's scoring goals because he's enjoying the way we're playing.

"I'm not worried. We win games without Gary, we win games without Fernando [Forestieri], we win games without [Barry] Bannan.

"Of course, if you said to me if I want Hooper, Fernando, Bannan, I'd prefer them all to stay, we'd be stronger. The negotiation part is out of my hands.

"I advise my technical team but I'm not involved in negotiations. I don't get involved in money or agents. With this, it's in the hands of the chairman."

Edited by WhiteOwl91
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, T Hardy said:

Nobody is calling for a CC Appreciation Day, it’s just worth remembering when abuse flies his way that taking us to Wembley and a subsequent play off appearance is more than anybody else has achieved for 30 years here. I don’t count promotion from League One as a great achievement, in the same way West Ham, Newcastle and Villa don’t celebrate getting back to the Premier League as one of their great achievements.  

If everything but getting back to the Premier League is “abject failure”, dare I politely suggest that most of us will spend our entire lives from now viewing Wednesday as nothing but an abject failure.. I’ll choose to take as much joy as possible from supporting our club rather than being constantly down, and sadly a day out at Wembley is the best a lot of us will ever experience.

Get used to abject failure because following Wednesday we have more failures than success!!! I told my son my dad told me no doubt my grandad told him? Enjoy wot bit of success comes along cus it’s not often 

Guest LondonOwl313

Some people seem to think that because we spent money we had the right to go up.. year 1 we were the weakest side in the top 6 as we didn’t have a proper centre forward, no midfield beast or pacy outlet (we were still using Helan)

So yeah we did spend money but it was what was needed to take us from a bottom half championship side to one that could compete.. and the buys were good.

Year 2 Fletcher and Reach improved us but we wasted money on Abdi, Jones, Rhodes and Winnall.. and we didn’t address the Loovens replacement issue, the midfield issue or the winger issue. We were still good value for 4th though.. but we didn’t have it in us to finish above Newcastle or Brighton. Should have done better in the play offs but Fulham were the favourites not us.. it’s just that we both got knocked out in the semis.

So overall, Carlos exceeded expectations in year 1 by getting to Wembley.. the semi would have been par for the course. Year 2 he should have probably got to the final and given Fulham went out, got us up. His tactics were terrible against Huddersfield. But overall he did a very good job so can’t understand the grief he gets when we’ve had about 15 other managers in the last 21 years all doing poorer jobs. 

The not getting promoted thing needs to be blamed on recruitment, hamstringing the club by giving out unnecessary big contracts and the lack of resources available to improve things after 2017 play offs. All these things fall on the chairman and his advisors rather than the manager

5 hours ago, T Hardy said:

I don’t count promotion from League One as a great achievement

I would count any promotion from any league, as an achievement.

So you say - playoffs ( stay in same league )  =  achievement
                       promotion from League 1            =  no great achievement

May i ask why you are watching us this season ?

P.S - Carlos out !!! lol

Edited by quinnssweetshop

Guest T Hardy
4 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

I would count any promotion from any league, as an achievement.

So you say - playoffs ( stay in same league )  =  achievement
                       promotion from League 1            =  no great achievement

May i ask why you are watching us this season ?

P.S - Carlos out !!! lol

Wembley when not one person expected it 90 mins from the Premier League and returning to the play offs a year later - a good achievement that gave our fans the best memories for years 

Getting out of a division that is two divisions away from the one that we nearly got to a few seasons ago, and to be in that division only because of our owner - an achievement, certainly not a great one 

41 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Wembley when not one person expected it 90 mins from the Premier League and returning to the play offs a year later - a good achievement that gave our fans the best memories for years 

Getting out of a division that is two divisions away from the one that we nearly got to a few seasons ago, and to be in that division only because of our owner - an achievement, certainly not a great one 

Sorry Pal, you're probably from the generation of " it's the taking part that  counts " and " Everyone's a winner "

Even the Football league don't see the playoff's as a honour.

Sure, it was a day out, albeit, a bad un.

but if you're happy with that, then who am  I to argue, so long as your'e happy.

Up The Owls ( included in honours lists ) lol