Carlos on Talksport

6 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Here’s a quote from his book…. Can you imagine what his team talks must’ve been like.

“Tactical Periodisation is a practice concept that has a Conceptual Matrix – the play, the collective intent, the Tactical, supported by the Game’s MacroPrinciples; it’s operationalised based on another matrix, the Methodological that is supported by its own Methodological Principles, respecting a Standard Morphocycle in building a Specific style of playing.”

In plain English = bullshitter.

Given what was at his disposal after his first year he failed miserably , Swansea soon sussed his BS out.

Obviously still touting  for another PL job.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Bark1062 said:

In plain English = bullshitter.

Given what was at his disposal after his first year he failed miserably , Swansea soon sussed his BS out.

Obviously still touting  for another PL job.

Not in Premier league I don't think, he might get a job with Derby County or Nottingham Forest 

8 hours ago, T Hardy said:

As someone in their early 30s, seeing Wednesday walk out at Wembley and that win away at Brighton are my best memories as a fan. It created hope and expectations like I’ve never had before, although we didn’t get over the line, those are my best memories, and for that reason he achieved more than any other manager in my memory, and I’ll be fond of him for that reason until a manager takes us into the Premier League - only then we can play down what CC achieved here. Until then, his time here is the best memory that a lot of us have, you can start comparing him with other managers when we have a manager who gets us to Wembley or better 👍

He achieved absolutely nothing though apart from a huge wage bill and a squad of ageing players 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Both achieved exactly the same as Pulis and Jos Luhukay

Might as well throw in the names of Bruce, Bullen, Thompson and Moore if it’s the various managers that are being blamed for relegation. But really the fault lies much higher. 

What club would survive a three year period with seven different coaches in charge of the team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

He achieved absolutely nothing though apart from a huge wage bill and a squad of ageing players 

How was the wage bill his fault? 
He took us to two play offs, that in itself is an achievement. No other manager has done it in the championship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Gave a good account of himself on his time at Sheffield Wednesday, said he is still very fond of us, was gutted when we got relegated, and mentioned DC a few times, nothing nasty all good. Working wonders at Braga, and still dreams of working in England again, if there is one thing I miss about him was his interviews. Good luck Carlos, you gave us 2 decent seasons. 

Was a big game bottler

Hull and Huddersfield stand out

Huddersfield 1st leg. They had a rookie goalie and we couldn’t get 1 shot on target

Huddersfield game plan was a 0-0 at theirs and a scruffy 1-0 at ours.

we all know the rest of the story.

let’s move on please

• Like 2

Should have done better with what he had at his disposal? Ffs, some fans act like he spent a windfall 

£13m in 2015/2016

£10m in 2016/2017

£13m in 2017/2018 (mainly on Rhodes)

Those sums would get you one average/decent English player these days, they’re nothing. 

Those figures are low in today’s world, even for championship, and don’t forget were spread across many players at £2-3m each 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest T Hardy
3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I have good memories of it and being in my early 30s, they are the best I have so I’ll choose to view it positively rather than negatively until something better happens 

21 hours ago, jp1981 said:

Maybe if the squad had been refreshed and players sold to generate the funds, it might have been different. Who knows.

All I know is I like Carlos, always speaks very highly of us. Some of the abuse he gets on here is unwarranted. 

For me he just can't handle the pressure, just like the sqaud we built while he was here. 

Came in played some great football, but when the pressure hit home he lost plot, started cryptic ramblings like Cantona, then bottled the big games that mattered. Bit like David moyed, he's a good solid manager, but dosent win anything. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Should have done better with what he had at his disposal? Ffs, some fans act like he spent a windfall 

£13m in 2015/2016

£10m in 2016/2017

£13m in 2017/2018 (mainly on Rhodes)

Those sums would get you one average/decent English player these days, they’re nothing. 

Those figures are low in today’s world, even for championship, and don’t forget were spread across many players at £2-3m each 

No Wednesday manager before or since had anything like those figures at their disposal. Gave us two good seasons was great to interview and came across as charismatic and was a darling off sky ..... but failed unfortunately 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

No Wednesday manager before or since had anything like those figures at their disposal. Gave us two good seasons was great to interview and came across as charismatic and was a darling off sky ..... but failed unfortunately 

What previous Wednesday managers have spent isn’t the argument though, it’s unrelated. Those figures weren’t astronomical in today’s world 

Edited by FreshOwl

12 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

What previous Wednesday managers have spent isn’t the argument though, it’s unrelated. Those figures weren’t astronomical in today’s world 

Course it’s related other Wednesday managers have had next to nothing spend he had a decent budget at the time how many big signings were being made at the time? Most clubs were spending similar sums 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Transfer fees have gone through the roof in the last few years so you can't really compare then with now.

We were paying good money back then to a level where players were choosing to come to us rather than clubs like L**ds (Forestieri).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Enough please. He nearly wrecked the club. 

There was only one problem with CC he had no PLAN B when things went awry during games.
But let’s be honest he was great to have as a coach as he was interesting and brill to listen to in interviews.

Ps It’s ok to have hindsight when slagging off ex coaches !

Bull5h!t Artist and Snake Oil Salesman who got lucky with the foundations laid by Stuart Grey. Can't stand the slimeball, he's like a turd that won't flush.

I've got even less time for the idiots that still hero worship him.

He had more money than every manager for the last 30 years put together and achieved nothing. Should have been sacked after the play-off semi defeat to Udders. Left us in a real mess (to join his boyhood club) that we're only just recovering from.

Fizz off Carlos!!!

Did reasonably well with the largest budget ever gifted to an SWFC manager, gave the grunters the best day out they've had in 40 years and cost us a place in a second consecutive play off final with woeful tactics against Huddersfield.

Snake oil salesman.

• Like 1