Carlos on Talksport

I’m on the anti Carlos side of the fence.  

He played the wrong team and we lost the play off final, he bottled the subsequent years play off games v Huddersfield through his negativity and from then it was a car crash.

Apart from his first season the football was as dull as watching paint dry and I hope to good he has nothing to do with some of the signings we brought in.  In a nutshell I hope he never manages our club again.

As far as I am concerned he was a charmer and charlatan.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Guest T Hardy
6 minutes ago, Marro said:

I’m on the anti Carlos side of the fence.  

He played the wrong team and we lost the play off final, he bottled the subsequent years play off games v Huddersfield through his negativity and from then it was a car crash.

Apart from his first season the football was as dull as watching paint dry and I hope to good he has nothing to do with some of the signings we brought in.  In a nutshell I hope he never manages our club again.

As far as I am concerned he was a charmer and charlatan.

We were underdogs against Hull and nobody expected us to get there 

The only one to bottle the game against Huddersfield was Jordan Rhodes 

5 hours ago, s73owl said:

It's got to be up there as one of the most memorable 

download (1).jpeg

My favourite that one. Always had the gift of talking a lot to say very little of any consequence.

Could be a career in politics when can’t get any more jobs in football.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

With no success and lots of debt and injuries - Great couple of seasons lol

You're right it was a great couple of seasons, really enjoyed it.

Are you saying if CC hadn't joined us we wouldn't be in debt? Bloody CC writing all those cheques eh!

19 minutes ago, Blatter said:

My favourite that one. Always had the gift of talking a lot to say very little of any consequence.

Could be a career in politics when can’t get any more jobs in football.

I think you’ve nailed it with your second sentence!  Sums Carlos up perfectly.

Most ex managers are divisive figures but Carlos definitely seems to be even more so than most. Maybe it’s because he got us so close to the Premier League that people either love him for that, or think with the resources we had he should have taken us all the way. I think he was (and still is) a pretty good coach but he had his limitations and certainly wasn’t a squad building kind of manager like Moore. Like a lot of foreign coaches he seemed to have little or no involvement in recruitment. I thought he should have gone after the Huddersfield semi final defeat and was pretty surprised he was still here the following season. 

• Like 2

Personally I really enjoyed his stint here. Given his replacements we'd have been better keeping him, but things did seem to come to a natural end.

For all his faults, he mostly tried to win games, and would change tactics and players to do so, when other managers since him haven't had a clue.

He has done extremely well since leaving us which shows he has something about him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The only thing he achieved was recruiting loads of nodding lapdogs who applaud his every word and nosh him off any chance they get

Other than that he achieved the same as Tony Pulis in reality - NOTHING

What did Garry Monk achieve?

Carlos took us to TWO play offs, that in itself is an achievement.

• Thanks 1