Carlos on Talksport

56 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I keep saying it. If you remember the old black and white St. Trinians movies, Carlos would be excellent as the cheeky chappy spiv character.

I believe you are referring to ‘Flash Harry’ played by the legend George Cole in the original movies and strangely enough Russel Brand in the 2007 reboot. Yes. Carlos with a little pencil moustache would have been perfect 👍 

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

That's suggest he wasn't necessary that good in the past, it bares no reflection on what he is like as a manager now.

Agreed, but as I pointed out before this post was in response to somebody saying he was obviously a good manager.

I was just pointing out that 19 clubs since 1998 suggests otherwise.

• Thanks 1

Given what came before, on most occasions, and what came after, his style and the way we played up until Hull, I seem to recall watching quality football with a midfield that never stopped controlling the games. As was said earlier we needed a big holding/box to box, midfield player when we came up against the clubs that came down from the Premier League and we needed one more striker and one more quality centre half. ..but someone handed over the reigns of new signings to advisors ...the rest, including the players that disappeared without trace, is history. CC was never the problem and I thank him for the quality of football produced that first season. 

Haters got to hate but maybe they should focus on the people who it now seems are mo longer around because in L1 we are no longer seen as the easy touch cash cow. 

• Like 1

Guest T Hardy
12 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Grow up.

I just don’t rate the guy, I think he wasted a hell of a lot of money on signings we didn’t need (even Sam Hutchinson said recently the squad was unbalanced under him with way too many strikers) while failing to address key areas in the squad that needed dealing with. 

When I look back on the playoff campaigns we went into with him in charge, he set the sides up in a ridiculously defensive manner against Hull at Wembley and Huddersfield away (a side we’d done the double over in the regular season and had their reserve keeper in goal).

Inspite of the attacking talent we had in the side, after that first season Carlos served up some of the most mind numbingly boring football I’ve ever seen at Hillsborough which culminated in the humiliation we suffered at the hands of United at Hillsborough and that month of November where we managed no shots on target the whole month.

I entirely agreed with the likes of Keith Andrews, Andy Hinchcliffe and David Prutton when during that second season they said we should have been challenging for the top 2 and relied on having better players than the opposition in order to beat opponents rather than breaking sides down as a team.

When you look at journeymen managers and players alike, there’s always a reason why they go from club to club to club over time, we saw that reason first hand the longer Carlos stayed at Hillsborough.

Give me a Darren Moore over Carlos Carvalhal every day of the week.

You should read a bit more about what goes on at SWFC with transfers if you blame Carlos for that..

Also he’s very well regarded by fans of most of the clubs he’s been at in recent years and they think he did a good job, the amount of jobs he’s had that you’re bashing him for is irrelevant- he keeps getting them. 

Guest T Hardy
9 minutes ago, John Middleton said:

the norwich refusing to play fiasco that was when the rot set in ! just in my opinion of course.

Yep we should have sold FF but as usual Chansiri wanted stupid money that no club was willing to pay 

1 hour ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Can’t stand the bloke and his rambling incomprehensible meandering interviews where he tries to come across as a cheeky quirky chappie for the media.

That last 18 months was like watching paint dry.

The first season was good until he managed to finally get his coaching methods across to the players and it went downhill.

Ugh!

Bet you preferred jos or pulis

I dont understand why people try and make out that first 2 years under Carlos, was anything other than brilliant

• Like 2

Guest T Hardy
10 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

Bet you preferred jos or pulis

I dont understand why people try and make out that first 2 years under Carlos, was anything other than brilliant

Absolutely

People talk about that first season like we were nailed on to get to Wembley at the bare minimum and it was a catastrophe that we lost, and therefore we should have got top 2 the next season. The reality is nobody here predicted we’d get to Wembley or even close.

The football we played was brilliant but if you compare it to expectations, we massively overachieved in 2015/2016, and we were a shootout from having another go the year after, I know that doesn’t fit the narrative that some have that we bottled it and had no chance, but we couldn’t have been closer.

17 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

So not liking CoCo immediately means you like Pulis or Jos?

Sound logic........

Well you dont like exciting, attacking, winning footbal, so thought you may prefer dour, big boot football

Seemed logical

Just be happy mate, no need for negativity about past or present. This season could be even better than Carlos

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Gave a good account of himself on his time at Sheffield Wednesday, said he is still very fond of us, was gutted when we got relegated, and mentioned DC a few times, nothing nasty all good. Working wonders at Braga, and still dreams of working in England again, if there is one thing I miss about him was his interviews. Good luck Carlos, you gave us 2 decent seasons. 

No thanks let it go . My club nearly ended due to chansiri paxio and carlos having the worst ever transfer policy contracts. If we went down 2 seasons ago with those players still locked into there contracts we would be out of business. All 3 responible . Dont hate him but please leave it to the past and be grateful darren moore is building something . 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

A pound shop Garry monk.

chased out of Swansea after a few months and relegation. 

won’t work in England again unless he is picking bibs up for his mate Bruno for however long he lasts at wolves ( not long ) .

Pound shop Garry Monk is probably the worst insult you can get as a manager

lol

• Haha 1