Carlos on Talksport

1 minute ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Did he say Chansiri wanted £25m for forestieri when a £12m offer came in for him?

Dont be stupid. These idiotic remarks taint peoples reputations

it was £250m

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Not really, Little else to say really, it's been done a hundred or so times, and each time the same arguments. He's an ex Manager that likes the sound of his own voice.

UTO, i don't give a phook about Carlos, he didn't do anything for us.

Most managers like the sound of their own voice, some actually have a personality.

In what way did he almost wreck the club as you suggest?

Football managers do not control the budget of spending on players and have little or no involvement in terms of salaries paid to players. In the current era many also have less control about which players are signed. 

I used to be really critical of him but after seeing what’s gone off since he left I reckon he wasn’t totally to blame after all

The squad he had to try and keep happy was huge, and some of the players that were signed for him we’re a shocking fit. Abdi, Urby, Rhodes, Winnall, Boyd, JVA plus a few more obviously weren’t wanted and carrying them in a squad undoubtedly led to morale going off a cliff towards the end 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

The play off game v Huddersfield and the Sheffield derby proved he was at the end with us. Some awful football was played for the quality of squad we had. We had so much talent and werr so scared to use it and attack teams. 

And from the moment he left, with the same squad the quality of football and results improved significantly right..............

His time was up as he had lost focus and the board were not making the right signings in terms of where the squad was weak but if we had so much talent why did we get progressively worse when he left?

5 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Thought Carlos/the clubs better work was right at the start, when I don't recall us spending huge amounts. If I recall correctly, the two big money signings back then were Hooper and FF at £3m a piece. A lot of the other signings that window were either free transfers or significantly smaller fees? And of course extremely shrewd loans like Lopez.

Things started to go wrong financially after Wembley when we started spending much more than that, but I think it's become increasingly clear over the years that Carlos likely had little to do with that. I don't know how you can look at the recent history of this club and still blame Carlos. 

I tend to agree.