SWFC Vacancy - head groundsperson

6 minutes ago, Sambo89 said:

I wrote em a letter on the off chance, they got back to me and offered me a meeting with the groundsman to discuss the job, and I got it. 

That was only for work experience at school though. 

Still, spent a month working with them to get the pitch ready for the start of the season, and a couple of those weeks I was working on the training ground, being the ball boy for the training sessions, arşing about with the players in between sessions and usually having a bit of a kick about with a few of em. Played head/foot tennis with Matt Hamshaw and Paul Heckingbottom and was the person JP McGovern was crossing to when he stayed behind to train extra. 

Was a great few weeks to be fair. Loved every minute, learnt a lot about the job as well. 

Might apply! Although it was about 16 years ago... 

Go for it. You never know.Just think I would be quite interesting. Imagine you need all sorts of experience and some actual qualifications in it.

Not related I know, but, I find how they produce cricket pitches quite interesting as well.

Edited by Maddogbob

5 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Go for it. You never know.Just think I would be quite interesting. Imagine you need all sorts of experience and some actual qualifications in it.

Not related I know, but, I find how they produce cricket pitches quite interesting as well.

Steve Kiddy was the head groundsman then, nice bloke. 

It is all interesting, a lot more work and knowledge in it than people give credit for. 

Used to like the pitch at Leicester when he used to go a bit crackers with the patterns.