IORFA NEW CONTRACT

After all the heartache of recent times it does feel as though I am dreaming and will wake up soon!Given the turnaround in the way in which matters both on and off the pitch are being handled I call on all my fellow Owls to flock down to S6 and back DM and the boys. Let DC see that if he continues to act like a proper Chairman and not an arrogant spoilt child than we the supporters will be there to back him, put money into the club’s coffers and continue the progress and momentum. We all know the potential is there for our beloved club to rise again.WAWAW

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Moore has brought life again to Wednesday fans like myself who a couple months ago, were completely disillusioned with this club and had very little interest in what was going on. 

He’s brought the feeling back for me, and I’ve never wanted a manager to succeed so badly for this club 

Yeah, a couple of months ago I was looking for the stanley knife............thought we were finished!

1 hour ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

I think I’m starting to feel a bit guilty with my previous DC opinion. I thought he interfered far too much including with transfers and more. Maybe it was a trust thing, and when you see the people he’s taken advice from and hired as managers, you can’t blame him. Maybe now he has someone he trusts, he’ll support him 100%. 

Maybe DC deserves a bit more credit now? :ph34r:

TBF DC has often tried to back his managers and he deserves a lot of credit for continuing to do so  after a very challenging financial year. Many thought he'd lost interest in the club, clearly not. DM has used what resources he has been given far, far better than previous managers.

• Like 7

Fantastic news, one of our best signings in recent times and best renewal for a long time.

Fantastic cb with all the physical and mental attributes to play in top tier eventually, love the guy.

Things must be positive behind scenes for him to extend despite us in being lg1, a very good sign and statement of intent, well done dc and the club.

• Like 1

Not really long enough IMO, should be to 2024 but better than nowt. Up to us to get promoted and then go for champ PO following season, he'll then be much happier to sign an extension no doubt. 

Caveat. I bet both his and Windass contract have a buy out clause. Hopefully 3m

9 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Harsh mate. Just asking the question. Something about the finances of our recruitment doesn’t seem to add up. I hope I’m wrong. 

I was being facetious as you know - I think that there has been investment from an unknown party. What we have done is probably cut the wage bill by over a third and brought in young hungry players who are finding their way in the game. We needed Bannan, Windass and Iorfa to knit the team together otherwise it would be totally leaderless on the field and in the dressing room 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Not really long enough IMO, should be to 2024 but better than nowt. Up to us to get promoted and then go for champ PO following season, he'll then be much happier to sign an extension no doubt. 

Caveat. I bet both his and Windass contract have a buy out clause. Hopefully 3m

Its a realistic length under the circumstances. Gives us this season to get promoted, failing that he’d probably want to leave and we’d still be able to secure a fee with a year remaining. Get promoted, offer a new one.

A big plus is we’ve removed a chunk of uncertainty and distraction with these deals.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1

I’ve been away for about three hours and then this happens! What in the name of all that is holy is going on?? Sensible decisions, great signings, extending contracts of our key assets. Is this how it feels? To be supporting a well run club??

We was never going to tie him down to a long term deal he committed to this season and if we don’t go up we get better deal for the club as he doesn’t walk away for nothing ? Makes sense to all parties and best we could hope for under circumstances 

4 hours ago, HeathrowOwl said:

Anyone know how long the contract is?

Til somebody from the championship comes in for him, so either few days or January. 

Puts his value up at least though so might put a few of the smaller championship clubs off coming in for him.

Hopefully though he'll still be here next summer, and he's preparing for a promotion chasing season in the championship after picking up his player of the season trophy. 

1 hour ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

Yeah, a couple of months ago I was looking for the stanley knife............thought we were finished!

Don't do that!!! It hurts!!!

Done it a few times at work. Got some lovely pictures of the cuts but I definitely wouldn't recommend it. 😬

I'm stunned by the news that he's signed. I fully expect us to have offers for him in the new year if he carries on playing without any injuries.

Unless the offer is outrageous I'd hold on to him until the summer. If we get promoted we can build the Championship team around him, hopefully we will offer him a new and longer deal next summer reflecting our Championship status.

At least if he goes now it will be for a proper fee.

Well done to all involved.