IORFA NEW CONTRACT

I’m sure there will be a release clause in it but this is good news for the player (who has had a lot of injuries since being here) and the club, as he is a top player we want to keep. If someone bigger comes in for him, it means we shouldn’t have our pants down if he goes, if the contract has been drawn up correctly.

Like everyone else, I’m made up by Iorfa putting pen to paper. However, is anyone else getting a little bit worried that we might be heading for Groundhog Day? Bannan, Iorfa, Windass will not be cheap. I don’t see any reason why any of them would take a pay cut. Byers, Gregory, Hunt won’t be cheap. As free transfers they’d be mad not to demand a significant pay increase to offset the transfer fee. Are we heading for more financial disaster if we don’t go up this season? I hope and pray we aren’t 

6 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Like everyone else, I’m made up by Iorfa putting pen to paper. However, is anyone else getting a little bit worried that we might be heading for Groundhog Day? Bannan, Iorfa, Windass will not be cheap. I don’t see any reason why any of them would take a pay cut. Byers, Gregory, Hunt won’t be cheap. As free transfers they’d be mad not to demand a significant pay increase to offset the transfer fee. Are we heading for more financial disaster if we don’t go up this season? I hope and pray we aren’t 

With the drifters that have exited; Rhodes, Reach,  Westwood, Borner, Van Aken, Harris etc etc there will be more than enough headroom to inflate in extensions. Wage bill will be FAR below wage it was even with these extensions 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Mr Sunshine is back :duntmatter:

28 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Incredible news.

I cannot see how we have gone from an utter shambles not paying players to our best players signing new contracts in league 1 . The manager is one factor but there must be something else behind all of this .  

I agree and think there must have been an injection of cash from somewhere. DC his family? We will probably never find out but one thing is for certain now DM must get us promoted as he has asked for the backing and has been given it. 

Onwards and upwards and roll on Morcambe 

This news won’t make opposition fans blink twice but we know this is potentially a massive sea change for us. If we are being run like a proper club now then look out the rest of the EFL.  

I really hope Moore can become a legendary manager for us, okay he didn’t keep us up but then I mostly blame the players who left because they were awful.  This season is really the start of the Moore era and so far it’s going very well indeed. UTO

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Great news. 

Outstanding news. 

Looks like an extension of existing contract vs a new deal so you’d assume some promotion guarantees have gone in there. 

"for every year we're not in the premier league we will include one guaranteed year in the premier league as soon as we're promoted" 

:Chansiri:

Moore has brought life again to Wednesday fans like myself who a couple months ago, were completely disillusioned with this club and had very little interest in what was going on. 

He’s brought the feeling back for me, and I’ve never wanted a manager to succeed so badly for this club 

• Like 7