IORFA NEW CONTRACT

I think relegation has meant the disappearance of those wanting to 'use' the club to make money on ill-informed or even slightly, shall we say, dubious signings. 

DM has stamped his mark and I think DC knows now not to have his fingers burnt again. 

And in all honesty the clear-out and rebuild has needed to happen for seasons but the desire was always to find the 'right' manager to try to get us promotion not the right manager to rebuild and create strong foundations when it's been obvious we've been built on sand since losing against Hull  at Wembley. 

Iorfa contract is a huge indication they the whole set up has altered. 

Edited by Freshfish

I think with this one the extension is just as important in getting big money if someone does come calling,  it’s great business all way round by the club 

Buzzing 

1 hour ago, RichieB said:

It's always good to hear a player who speaks well. Obviously an intelligent lad which must help in applying team plans. 

Well done to Darren in getting Big Dom to sign an extension  to his contract. The spine of the team looks pretty strong. 

GK,CH, MF, CF.

Apart from GK you can put a couple decent of players in each position. Not convinced about Little Joe yet. 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Moore is doing very good things for the club. Hope he is here for many many years. 

As much as I’m buzzing with DM at the minute, I don’t think that contract gets signed off without the backing of a certain someone 👀 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Has Moore done some sort of jedi mind trick on Chansiri? 

I think it’s a case of DC leaving the day to day running to DM, there’s obviously trust there ,  and possibly DM demanded it to be this way 

Whatever the case, it looks to be working 

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

As much as I’m buzzing with DM at the minute, I don’t think that contract gets signed off without the backing of a certain someone 👀 

i mean it more in the sense that players really seem to be buying in to the way Moore wants to do things and they want to play for him and believe in his plans, something imo that hasn’t happened under previous managers. 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
1 hour ago, agentwalker said:

I bet the two Celtic lads are absolutely kicking themselves right now.

It’s about the only thing they’re kicking lol

Guest Djclifton
1 hour ago, BIG D said:

An amazing summer to be fair.

Bannan, Windass and now Iorfa. All way to good for this league.

Well done Darren Moore and

:Chansiri:

whats actually happening? Was DC just playing with us ? Pretending he hadn’t a clue how to run the club? 

all these sensible moves, contracts and signings. Bizarre. 

delighted with this, along with Baz and Windass. 

all aboard the promotion train! 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
16 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I think it’s a case of DC leaving the day to day running to DM, there’s obviously trust there ,  and possibly DM demanded it to be this way 

I think I’m starting to feel a bit guilty with my previous DC opinion. I thought he interfered far too much including with transfers and more. Maybe it was a trust thing, and when you see the people he’s taken advice from and hired as managers, you can’t blame him. Maybe now he has someone he trusts, he’ll support him 100%. 

Maybe DC deserves a bit more credit now? :ph34r:

19 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

This appears to be it for me. I think DC and Paixao have taken a huge step back and put faith in Moore to do things.

That what it appears like to me anyway. And I think the players like and trust Moore. It’s a fantastic thing for the club. 

Surely there must have been assurances from the chairman on wages too? It must have been a pretty firm assurance because I highly doubt Windass or Iorfa would sign new deals if they were worried about being paid on time.

However, these are the basics of running a football club. I’m not going to pat the chairman on the back for doing, essentially, his job. Although I do welcome this clear change in operating.

• Like 1