The case for resting Hutchinson at Morcambe

6 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Sounds like Hutchinson dictating when he does and doesnt play/ train again.

Lets see if he gets another one way ticket to the stiffs as he got under Jos and monk for trying that trick.

Is Hutchinson the OP?

lol

If he’s fit he plays imo, no guarantee that if we rested him he wouldn’t get injured the following game or game after that .

Dunkley proved he’s a capable replacement for the away battles mind . Just depends on the opposition, not particularly too sure on how physical Morecambe are as a team 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

If he's fit play him.   

I'd agree with that with caveats. He wanted to play against Rotherham according to Moore but was held back as a precaution against long term injury. Sensible. Also Dunkley provides an aerial dominance that neither Hutch nor Iorfa do so he might get the nod in certain games giving either of the other two a breather. I don't know whether Morcambe employ a big lump up front though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

I'd agree with that with caveats. He wanted to play against Rotherham according to Moore but was held back as a precaution against long term injury. Sensible. Also Dunkley provides an aerial dominance that neither Hutch nor Iorfa do so he might get the nod in certain games giving either of the other two a breather. I don't know whether Morcambe employ a big lump up front though.

I'd go along with that.  To be fair to Dunkley I was impressed with him on Saturday, was very committed and stuck to the plan. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, briggowl said:

It would be great if we had someone making these decisions for us, someone who works regularly with the team, someone who could communicate with Hutch, who knew how Hutch was, could see him run and exercise and even maybe watch him play football. Yeah this would be great and then that person could decided if he needed a rest or not.

Any ideas? 

By his own admission he probably got that wrong by playing him midweek v fleetwood when he picked up the injury due to the “volume of games”.

There were plenty of posters on here saying he should have been rested for that game.

Guest Therealrealist
7 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I'd go along with that.  To be fair to Dunkley I was impressed with him on Saturday, was very committed and stuck to the plan. 

Why wudnt he? Strange comments

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Not all players are committed or stick to the plans, even you must know that.

Well even I know..if they weren’t..they wouldn’t be playing...even you must realise that 🥴

16 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

If Hutchinson is fit he plays !

No.

He has to fight like hell in training to get back in. That’s what having two players for each position is all about. Dunkley and Iorfa were rock solid against a very physical Rotherham team. It was the correct defensive pairing for that game and I see no reason to drop Dunkley. We all know Hutchinson is unlikely to stay fit all season. Let’s get Dunkley fully match fit and sharp too. 

20 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Sounds like Hutchinson dictating when he does and doesnt play/ train again.

Lets see if he gets another one way ticket to the stiffs as he got under Jos and monk for trying that trick.

😂 u really don't like Hutch do you 🤔

For me Hutch has been our best player so far this season.

Lee Gregory said in a recent interview that the aim is to get as many points as possible in the first 7/8 matches as it’s pretty frantic at the start of the season and as such we have to go with our best side in my opinion.

If Hutch is fit I think he has to start.

14 minutes ago, Sid Vicious said:

😂 u really don't like Hutch do you 🤔

He is an excellent centre back at this level, no doubt about that, and at times in the early part of his career here he was close to the best midfielder in the league.  He was however next to useless in midfield last season once he came back, and he has been banished by two managers to the stiffs in the past.  I personally would not have signed him back from Cyprus as I do not think he was a player that would help us stay up.  We are where we are, and I hope we get 30 quality performances out of him at centre back on the sort of form we have seen so far.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Blatter said:

No.

He has to fight like hell in training to get back in. That’s what having two players for each position is all about. Dunkley and Iorfa were rock solid against a very physical Rotherham team. It was the correct defensive pairing for that game and I see no reason to drop Dunkley. We all know Hutchinson is unlikely to stay fit all season. Let’s get Dunkley fully match fit and sharp too. 

Course he does but him and Iorfa are our best CB Pairing. Hutchinson at CB is better than anyone at this level. He will also improve Iorfa bringing a calmness to the back 4.

Every game he is fit he starts for me. Dunkley had a good game the other day. It was his type of game. But if Hutchinson is fit he starts.

On 23/08/2021 at 11:55, tcuc3e said:

We all love the Hutch-Iorfa partnership at the heart of our record-setting defence but we also know Hutch will need careful management to last the season. 

His body has already failed to make it to the end of the 4th game of the season. 

No doubt we'd love to see him back as soon as possible but if we rest him on Saturday against Morcambe we could get him 24 days rest. 

That's because the Sunderland game on Sept 4th may be postponed for international call ups meaning he would next play on Sept 11 v Plymouth. 

Moore said the injury was from too many games:

"We think it was general soreness with Sam from the volume of games. He has had the last couple of days for it to settle down.

"We did not want him to aggravate it… We have given him another 24 hours for it to settle down."

Hutch probably could play on Saturday but giving him the maximum rest may prove beneficial in the long term. 

Plus Dunkley has just had a full 90 minutes with Iorfa and the rest of the defence so the pairing have something to build on. And Dunkley was just named in the League 1 team of the week. 

Just something to bear in mind should Hutch not be on the team sheet this Saturday. It may not be a sign of a serious injury, just some squad management to keep Sam upright for the rest of the campaign. 

As suspected, Moore resting Hutch and giving him a full 24 days between games.

We have the squad, we may as well make the most of it. 

3 hours ago, tcuc3e said:

As suspected, Moore resting Hutch and giving him a full 24 days between games.

We have the squad, we may as well make the most of it. 

And the defeat was caused by the player in the LCB position failing to deal with a routine situation…

Play your best team.