The case for resting Hutchinson at Morcambe

5 minutes ago, tcuc3e said:

This is well put. 

*Of course* all such decisions come down to DM and the medical team. Coming on Owlstalk to tell people to stop discussing topics about Sheffield Wednesday seems a strange use of someone's time. 

I'm currently trying to get recruited into the club's baking team so I can comment effectively on future cake ball threads 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, briggowl said:

It would be great if we had someone making these decisions for us, someone who works regularly with the team, someone who could communicate with Hutch, who knew how Hutch was, could see him run and exercise and even maybe watch him play football. Yeah this would be great and then that person could decided if he needed a rest or not.

Any ideas? 

For me  cohesion is key, no matter if your playing football, pipe fitting or stacking shelves, so I'd try keep it settled and start  Hutchinson. See how he's going and if needed give him a rest at half time or after an hour.

We've a settled back 4 at the moment and along with some cracking goalkeeping they've played 4 conceded none. He's different at cb, so calm at the back and completely different from cm madness hutch, iorfa does have the odd wobble same with Palmer and Dunkley he does seem to help bring the organisation in there. 

• Like 1

But. But… he’ll have had 10 days rest by next Saturday. How much rest does he need.

If he doesn’t play Saturday he might not get back in so easily. I thought Iorfa and Dunkley were terrific v Rotherham and deserve another game together. Competition for a starting shirt can only be good for the team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, poite said:

Can I just ask. What are we supposed to talk about on here? How many people on OwlsTalk can actually influence decisions been made by the club's management? 

It's just a discussion between fans. 

But how can you give a reasoned opinion unless you know the facts on his condition which will be private

I understand why people want Hutch to play every game, but Dunkley played well on Saturday and it’s important that both of them stay fit and sharp should any injuries crop up. I for one think the best person to decide is DM who has already said the need to rotate the squad, as the games come thick and fast.

• Like 1

Guest Grandad

Its to be hoped the Chairman doesnt start running us properly or we'll not be allowed to talk about anything on here anymore.

49 minutes ago, S20 OWL said:

I understand why people want Hutch to play every game, but Dunkley played well on Saturday and it’s important that both of them stay fit and sharp should any injuries crop up. I for one think the best person to decide is DM who has already said the need to rotate the squad, as the games come thick and fast.

Last week we’d say “He can’t change Iorfa-Hutch”. 

Now, “He can’t change Iorfa-Dunkley”.

Could say the same about our midfield 3 each week so far, yet it changes every game.

Brilliant dilemmas.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, tcuc3e said:

We all love the Hutch-Iorfa partnership at the heart of our record-setting defence but we also know Hutch will need careful management to last the season. 

His body has already failed to make it to the end of the 4th game of the season. 

No doubt we'd love to see him back as soon as possible but if we rest him on Saturday against Morcambe we could get him 24 days rest. 

That's because the Sunderland game on Sept 4th may be postponed for international call ups meaning he would next play on Sept 11 v Plymouth. 

Moore said the injury was from too many games:

"We think it was general soreness with Sam from the volume of games. He has had the last couple of days for it to settle down.

"We did not want him to aggravate it… We have given him another 24 hours for it to settle down."

Hutch probably could play on Saturday but giving him the maximum rest may prove beneficial in the long term. 

Plus Dunkley has just had a full 90 minutes with Iorfa and the rest of the defence so the pairing have something to build on. And Dunkley was just named in the League 1 team of the week. 

Just something to bear in mind should Hutch not be on the team sheet this Saturday. It may not be a sign of a serious injury, just some squad management to keep Sam upright for the rest of the campaign. 

Indeed but in the last 12 months, Dunkley, Iorfa, Luongo, Paterson, Windass have all missed more games than Hutch.

• Like 1

Hutchinson has been class. But Dunkley hasn’t put a foot wrong either.

If a player drops out for whatever reason and the replacement does well and we looked solid as a defence, is it right to then drop them in terms of the message to the team when we have so many competent players vying? I guess it will depend on the nature of the strikers we are playing against. Against a quicker passing team I’d want Hutchinson but a more direct side Dunkley would be comfortable.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Sounds like Hutchinson dictating when he does and doesnt play/ train again.

Lets see if he gets another one way ticket to the stiffs as he got under Jos and monk for trying that trick.

Oh dear the Hutch haters are still here, top of the league but still spreading the bile.

• Like 1