I've watched it so you dont have to - Official Thread

Vaughan

On 04/09/2021 at 00:48, Django said:

I’m a big Tarantino fan but pretty much nothing happens in once upon a time in Hollywood until the las5 minutes 

This x 1000.

Was expecting big things and it was one of the worst films I've seen. 

I also had to switch there will be blood over recently, another that burned slower then the Atlantic ocean 

On 30/08/2021 at 19:00, Whitechapel Owl said:

Clickbait on Netflix. Got drawn in by the trailer ironically.

Absolutely awful, so unoriginal, full of cliched characters.

Was surprised how bad some of the acting was as well. 

Like a lot of Netflix dramas, they look nice, but just have absolutely no substance. They really need to get their act together when it comes to selecting scripts.

2/10

This. Surprised it’s got rave reviews. Genuinely cringed my way through it at the acting.

Netfilx should stick to documentaries. 

On 02/09/2021 at 10:45, alanharper said:

2001 A Space Odyssey 

Boring as hell, could easily have cut an hour and improved it. Basically, nothing interesting actually happens apart from about 10 minutes when the computer goes a bit mental. And Rigsby from Rising Damp turns up for a bit. 

21 hours ago, fudge27 said:

I also had to switch there will be blood over recently, another that burned slower then the Atlantic ocean 

I have literally zero faith in humanity after reading this

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, fudge27 said:

This x 1000.

Was expecting big things and it was one of the worst films I've seen. 

Agree with There will be blood. I was really looking forward to it, but I felt it was just drawn out pretentious nonsense

7 hours ago, SiJ said:

Batman v Superman...

Absolute bobbins. 

Zack Snyder couldn't direct traffic. 

Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor has to be one of the worst miscasts ever. He is horrific in this film. 

I do agree about Jesse Eisenberg, instantly annoying.

I hated this film when I first saw it, the directors cut is better, marginally better, but it doesn't save it from being just another addition to the overall mess that is the DCEU.

14 hours ago, SiJ said:

Batman v Superman...

Absolute bobbins. 

This is a film I have resolved never, ever to watch. So thank you.

I mean we're talking about an alien being with superhuman strength and speed combined with quite extraordinary powers, facing off against a man with mental health issues in a latex suit.

Am I the only one to think it's a bit of a mis-match?

8 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

This is a film I have resolved never, ever to watch. So thank you.

I mean we're talking about an alien being with superhuman strength and speed combined with quite extraordinary powers, facing off against a man with mental health issues in a latex suit.

Am I the only one to think it's a bit of a mis-match?

On paper, it is a bit of a mis-match but you know how it works with comics.  

Unfortunately, it is just a terrible movie, made by someone who knows how to make things look pretty and that's about it.  

It's also a bit jarring dealing with a Batman who shoots and blows people up. I know there has been previous version which do that, but I prefer Batman as a character who doesn't kill. 

On 01/09/2021 at 14:13, Wing Back said:

Yeah it's pretty awful.

And people give Predator 2 and Predators (2010) crap. Well I can understand the criticism with Predators, but The Predators (2018) makes it look like the original.

A new film is coming next year too, which I'm not holding my breath on judging by the video below as well. Some newer details are that it's similar to The Revenent/the original Predator in tone, plus it's gonna have a bear too. It could be a good Predator film on it's own, plus if it's like the original, builds on the lore and nothing is forced into it that feels unnatural. The predator might actually win this time as well with it being it's first encounter with humans.

This could be interesting if Disney loses as well: https://www.ign.com/articles/predator-screenwriters-are-suing-to-win-back-franchise-rights-from-disney 

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!        

Be amazed if we see another good Alien or Predator film. 

Love both franchises, but we are talking about three decades since either produced anything halfway decent. 

Speaking of which,  please avoid watching either of the AVP film, particularly Requiem. 

Unless you like seeing Xenomorphs running around in suburbia, eating pizza delivery people and stuff. 

Utter garbage. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SiJ said:

Be amazed if we see another good Alien or Predator film. 

Love both franchises, but we are talking about three decades since either produced anything halfway decent. 

Speaking of which,  please avoid watching either of the AVP film, particularly Requiem. 

Unless you like seeing Xenomorphs running around in suburbia, eating pizza delivery people and stuff. 

Utter garbage. 

The Predators (2018) is basically the Requiem of the Predator films, also don't forget about Requiem's teen drama storyline it had haha and that you could hardly see what was happening most of the time with how dark it was. The best part of Requiem was the Predator Wolf.

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!