Monday morning roundup from Blades fans…

15 minutes ago, SiJ said:

So does that mean we were their overlords for the several years they resided in League One?

Also, I'm not sure how you can knock D Moore for getting relegated from the Prem. He was the caretaker and WBA were pretty much doomed. He then had them in the play offs before they decided to sack him. Bilic only went up automatically because Brentford completely stacked it. Oh, and their current manager lasted all of about 5 minutes when he did manage in the PL.

But you know.

Yeh DM didn’t do a bad job at all for them which is why I was surprised when he took the Doncaster job

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SiJ said:

So does that mean we were their overlords for the several years they resided in League One?

For those 6 long, LONG years that they’ve forgotten - yes.

Short memories. Sheffield football works in cycles at the best of times (although their highs are never quite the same as ours) but especially so over the last 20 years. They’re in the process of squandering by far the biggest chance they’ve ever had of changing that since we dropped out of the Prem. 

Realistically I don’t think we’ll be in a higher division than them next year, but clearly they’re already panicking about it, and that’s an amazing change of mentality in a record short space of time. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

For those 6 long, LONG years that they’ve forgotten - yes.

Short memories. Sheffield football works in cycles at the best of times (although their highs are never quite the same as ours) but especially so over the last 20 years. They’re in the process of squandering by far the biggest chance they’ve ever had of changing that since we dropped out of the Prem. 

Realistically I don’t think we’ll be in a higher division than them next year, but clearly they’re already panicking about it, and that’s an amazing change of mentality in a record short space of time. 

It's proper brown pants time for them. 

They know the squad is in a sorry state of affairs - they desperately need fresh faces before the window closes. 

It's antagonising them BIG time that we're doing so well as they are crumbling in the boardroom and on the pitch. 

• Like 1

Before Covid and all that, when United were doing well in the Premier League we had a Blade turn up at work to fix a machine.

He refused to wind me up though, as he pointed out that the success, or lack of it for both clubs comes and goes in circles.

He said he’d enjoy his lots time in the sunshine, just the same as I should and would be doing again soon enough.

Its hard to believe, but there are some sensible blades out there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, owlinexile said:

The seesaw is definitely in motion.

You have to think they have enough quality to stay in the Championship.  But you never know....

They 100% do have the quality - I don't see them going down, but I see them struggling around the midway mark with their current side. 

Severe lack of pace all over the park. 

That wonderful anthem of theirs that celebrates one of the worst beers ever made, the worst cigarettes ever made, stuff that tramps snort and food designed to give you a heart attack.

perhaps they need to update it now to Carling, heroin, cocaine and McDonald’s. 

Mind you having seen the state of them that’s probably their staple diet.

• Haha 3

I have to admit I have loved reading bladesmad this last 18 months.

stegasaurus is my favourite poster. He’s definitely a wednesdayite on the wind up, but just won’t let it go. If you post on here mate, bravo, I love your work. 

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

I have to admit I have loved reading bladesmad this last 18 months.

stegasaurus is my favourite poster. He’s definitely a wednesdayite on the wind up, but just won’t let it go. If you post on here mate, bravo, I love your work. 

He's on S24SU as well.

Like to have a gander when they're having a mare. Enjoyable reading recently.

Funnily enough, most on their seem pretty anti-Wilder. Lot laying the blame very much at his door.