Lively , Marseille v Nice

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Nah not having that.

Some football fans think they’re untouchable. He was getting pelted with objects for most of the game. He snapped on the 73rd minute. Don’t blame him. It’s alright sitting watching it and saying he shouldn’t retaliate, but it’s different when you’re in the heat of the moment. They could have chucked anything at him for all he knew. 

He wasn’t the only Marseille player who had enough. They all kicked off when he got hit again. 

Only ones to blame here are the brain dead morons in the stands

Absolutely it is the fault of the fans throwing the objects in the first players.

However, when players randomly start aiming objects back into the crowd what do they expect to happen, what does it achieve?

Imagine you are in a packed stand and some moron near you launches something onto the pitch? Do you think it is fair game that the player launches it back into the stand but it hits you instead, or a young kid who had mothing to do with it? 

Bizarre logic.

7 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

So Payet is getting bottles and coins thrown at him repeatedly all game, he finally has enough and throws one back.

Yet he is at fault?

Good on him I say. Footballers take some right stick and fans don’t like it when they get a bit back. 

Tough.

His reaction is understandable, and I'd probably do the same, but that doesn't make it right.

Look at it from this point of view: If scumbag Pierre is the one who threw the bottle, is the return throw justifiable if it hits innocent Jacques in the face?

At the end of the day, anyone who throws something onto the field must be ejected and banned. It should never get to the point where it repeatedly happens.

8 hours ago, smhouston said:

Are you trying to say he dived / went down too easily!? What a load of rubbish

Whilst I don't agree with him throwing it back in to the fans (unless it was back at the fan who did it), I can understand why he did if he'd suffered it all game

Was he knocked to the floor? The bottle hit him, he went down in stages. I’m not saying it didn’t hurt but, he throws himself to the floor.

10 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

So Payet is getting bottles and coins thrown at him repeatedly all game, he finally has enough and throws one back.

Yet he is at fault?

Good on him I say. Footballers take some right stick and fans don’t like it when they get a bit back. 

Tough.

What if that bottle hit your kid? Ridiculous post

I think Payet et all are pretty lucky those fans didn’t batter them

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bobness said:

His reaction is understandable, and I'd probably do the same, but that doesn't make it right.

Look at it from this point of view: If scumbag Pierre is the one who threw the bottle, is the return throw justifiable if it hits innocent Jacques in the face?

At the end of the day, anyone who throws something onto the field must be ejected and banned. It should never get to the point where it repeatedly happens.

It’s not really is it. Not many people would do that

10 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

He does right, throws one back and all them fannies don't like it.

Bōllox to em, serves em reyt.

He has done well then to aim the throw back at the person that threw it at him, thus avoiding everyone else

47 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

What if that bottle hit your kid? Ridiculous post

I think Payet et all are pretty lucky those fans didn’t batter them

Typical arrogance from football fans. 

Maybe fans shouldn’t be launching coins and bottles on to the pitch for the ENTIRE game. 

One bloke snaps and he is the one getting the blame.

Unbelievable Jeff.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Nobody would retaliate if they’re getting projectiles launched at them for 70 minutes?

Reyt

If I was payet there is no way I would do that because I am not hot headed and know it’s unlikely that I will hit the person who threw something at me and even if I did hit them back the cameras won’t know that and I’d get banned lol

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Typical arrogance from football fans. 

Maybe fans shouldn’t be launching coins and bottles on to the pitch for the ENTIRE game. 

One bloke snaps and he is the one getting the blame.

Unbelievable Jeff.

He is not getting all of the blame is he, it's just being pointed out that his reaction was wrong.

I am sure you would happily take it on the chin if someone from the Wednesday end threw something at a Rotherham player for example and the Rotherham player reacted by throwing it back but it happened to hit you or a young kid rather than the person who threw it in the first place.

You have tried to justify that in this thread.

Guest T Hardy
12 hours ago, 0wl18 said:

Have to say, his initial reaction to the bottle hitting him is pathetic.

Where do you work? 

I’m going to fill up a bottle and launch it at the back of your head whilst you’re working and not expecting it, let’s see how you react

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He is not getting all of the blame is he, it's just being pointed out that his reaction was wrong.

I am sure you would happily take it on the chin if someone from the Wednesday end threw something at a Rotherham player for example and the Rotherham player reacted by throwing it back but it happened to hit you or a young kid rather than the person who threw it in the first place.

You have tried to justify that in this thread.

Do you know that hit a young kid?

No you don’t.

Bloke saw red after being subjected to missiles all game. Bloke is also probably scared - they could have been throwing anything at him.

He wasn’t the only Marseille player to react.

Awful behaviour from the fans and I completely understand why he retaliated.

7 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Where do you work? 

I’m going to fill up a bottle and launch it at the back of your head whilst you’re working and not expecting it, let’s see how you react

This. He’s exposed on a football field with fans chucking stuff at him all game. In that moment your body goes into shock - for all he knew it could have been something much worse than a bottle.

Completely understand his reaction. 

If their are innocent people and kids in the ground, I’d have got up and left 20 minutes in. They were chucking stuff and throwing things all game. Not a safe environment for kids. 

Guest T Hardy
2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This. He’s exposed on a football field with fans chucking stuff at him all game. In that moment your body goes into shock - for all he knew it could have been something much worse than a bottle.

Completely understand his reaction. 

If their are innocent people and kids in the ground, I’d have got up and left 20 minutes in. They were chucking stuff and throwing things all game. Not a safe environment for kids. 

Yeah, like Kirkland when that idiot Leeds fan attacked him. Warnock quick to mention how easily he went down, not considering the shock at all.

I’d hope if something similar happens now, Leeds fans would get a lengthy away game ban - and believe me when I say Leeds fans are a ticking timebomb right now back at games, wait until they have a late kick off away game, we’ve already had them fighting in Manchester and throwing stuff at DCL in their first two games, neither of which has got much attention, but something bad is gonna happen with them lot soon I can feel it 

42 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Do you know that hit a young kid?

No you don’t.

Bloke saw red after being subjected to missiles all game. Bloke is also probably scared - they could have been throwing anything at him.

He wasn’t the only Marseille player to react.

Awful behaviour from the fans and I completely understand why he retaliated.

Of course I don't know it hit a kid.

Do you know that the objects thrown back by players didn't hit fans who hadn't done anything? A far more likely occurrence given there were thousands of fans in that area and dozens of objects being thrown at most - before the retaliation.

As previously said, the fans throwing them in the first place are most at fault for sure. Players throwing things back at fans made things worse.