31 minutes ago, maldino2004 said:

I’ve been going to Hillsborough since 1970 and have seen some really good centre-backs over the years, Walker, Lyons, Pearson, Thome, Warhurst etc, but I can honestly say that none of them ever had the all round game that Iofa has.

I don’t think that he is particularly weak in any area of his game but excels in most. My only worry concerning him is that if we don’t tie him down soon he will end up plying his trade in an higher league with someone else. 

I like to celebrate a win with a few beers as much as the next man however you must have had a few more of you think Iorfa is anywhere near than Des Walker.

id say the other names you listed are also better than Iorfa (currently) having performed at the top level

28 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Did you just say Iorfa is a better player then Des Walker? 

fizz me

Absolutely mind blowing and let’s not forget the rest of the players mentioned. All of those were established players in the top division at some point.

• Like 1

Has he ever played a full season anywhere? Iorfa is now at a club, in the team, week in week out. He has the chance to really establish himself, properly learn his trade, gain experience and truly fulfil his potential. Once he does that, he will reap the rewards from us or someone else. This could be a defining season for his career. Carry on as he has started, remain injury free and jobs a gud un.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’m sorry that is slightly crazy

Ben White although I think is overpriced at 50m. He made a squad that made a European Championships Final.

Iorfa is playing well in League One against Fleetwood and Rotherham

lol

Iorfa for England. Corbeanu for Ballon D Or.

Amazing what a few good results does ain't it.

lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, prowl said:

and his contract is up at the end of the season. If we don't extend it we will have to sell in January or he will walk for nothing. Much as I hate to say it we might be taking a good offer now if he won't extend.

Personally I'd break the wage structure to keep him and give him a 4 year deal. Decent increase if we get promoted and maybe a release clause if we don't go up. It would be better than him walking for nowt.

I think Big Daz has shown his metal here. Either, to convince the chairman what Iorfa is worth and give him the right contract or, despatch him to the u23s and flog him, if he isn’t fully up for the cause.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, alanharper said:

If we get through the transfer window and he's still with us, our chance of promotion is vastly increased. Player of the Early Season for me! 

As you say, far too good for this league, and if he hadn't got that injury I'm 100% sure we wouldn't be in it now. 

Maybe but I’m 100% sure we wouldn’t have been relegated either.

2 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

If we can sign him on a long term deal it’d be the best signing of the window. He’s top quality. Far too good for league 1 and my view is he could play in the premier league. I’m just watching match of the day, he’s a better centre half than Cooper at Leeds

A lot of it is circumstances really. I bet Cooper never thought he would play Premier League week in week out, but he was part of a club who signed a top manager and benefited from a real positive feeling around a football club. Same can be said for some of those Blades players who ended up finishing top half Premier League but are now 2nd from bottom in the Championship.

Being in the right place at the right time can take you from League One footballer to Premier League footballer in the space of a few years.

I like Iorfa and think he’s easily top end Championship standard. He has all the attributes. However if he was THAT good, he wouldn’t be playing in League One regardless of how much of that is out of his control. 

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

A lot of it is circumstances really. I bet Cooper never thought he would play Premier League week in week out, but he was part of a club who signed a top manager and benefited from a real positive feeling around a football club. Same can be said for some of those Blades players who ended up finishing top half Premier League but are now 2nd from bottom in the Championship.

Being in the right place at the right time can take you from League One footballer to Premier League footballer in the space of a few years.

I like Iorfa and think he’s easily top end Championship standard. He has all the attributes. However if he was THAT good, he wouldn’t be playing in League One regardless of how much of that is out of his control. 

Like you say a lot of it is circumstances. If Cooper had been playing at Wednesday the last few years he wouldn’t have ended up a premier league player either.

Iorfa is good enough to play in the premier league, I don’t think there’s any doubt about that. Similar to Antonio he has all the attributes to make it at that level 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He’d been out for a year don’t forget. That’s why he’s still here 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Like you say a lot of it is circumstances. If Cooper had been playing at Wednesday the last few years he wouldn’t have ended up a premier league player either.

Iorfa is good enough to play in the premier league, I don’t think there’s any doubt about that. Similar to Antonio he has all the attributes to make it at that level 

Remains to be seen. But I think he could do it. If he stays fit and has a good season here, there will be plenty of interest. 

• Like 1

Iorfa has many great attributes but there are 2 big flaws in his game that I see

He switches off multiple times during games most of which are saved with his pace, but often you see it most when he gets caught under the ball and can’t get back in time - he did it again today 

The other thing is that he’s just ‘ok’ receiving the ball under pressure. 

He’s a good Championship quality player with potential to progress. But suggesting he’s better then Ben White is completely out of touch (never mind the Des Walker thingy)

• Like 2