Team for today

Pato would score central in this league but lacks pace and mobilty out wide, curious choice when we have proper wingers, hope to see corbeanu early 2nd half.

Adeniran and gregory also curious they must be coming on 2nd half, but happy with brown and luongo

Edited by Ash77

Quite like that line up, if Luongo is fit he’ll have a big part play this season . Brown adds pace down the left and I thought Paterson looked a threat on the right Tuesday . Corbeanu was never gonna start today and Gregory is obviously not  fully fit . The bench is loaded . Up the owls ! Come on Wednesday!! 

• Like 4

Guest Kagoshimaowl
9 minutes ago, Jim said:

Didn’t expect this but 2nd away game of the season and Paterson starting up top? Not a massive surprise, DM obviously feels he needs Paterson’s defensive abilities at set-pieces. Probably will be one if not our toughest game of the season so happy to trust in DM.

Paterson will be on the right wing same as Tuesday night.

Can’t see an issue with that side

Johnson was disappointing mid week so he makes way for Brown

Hutchinson not risked so Dunkley carries on

Adeniran’s probably never played 3 games in a week before so he makes way for Paterson

Gregory not 100% fit 

Loungo getting a run out for Byers 

Makes sense 

• Like 7

Guest Kagoshimaowl

BFP

Hunt          Iorfa     Dunkley     Palmer

Luongo

Wing     Bannan

Paterson         Kamberi           Brown 

It’s clearly this

Just going to come out and say it, 

I don't rate Dunkley, not comfortable on the ball always a mistake in him.

and I don't rate Paterson, not sure what he brings to the team, poor at bringing others into play, no pace to play on the wing, just not sure what we do with him!

• Like 1

Hutch a big miss but no gripes otherwise. Dunkley not ideal on left but he does provide our only really dominating aerial presence.

Wing or Byers is a judgement call but perhaps Wing is a bit more ready for consecutive games. Luongo is interesting but if fully fit is a very good and combative player (vital for today). 

I expected Paterson in to be honest to give the lone striker a bit of help. Both Kamberi and Gregory have impressed so happy with either to start with the other taking over later.

Our bigger squad will be a real asset this season and we'll need to get used to rotation  of our favourites.  Adeniran is a real workhorse and if he requires a breather it's good management .

• Like 3

Just now, jonnyowl said:

Just going to come out and say it, 

I don't rate Dunkley, not comfortable on the ball always a mistake in him.

and I don't rate Paterson, not sure what he brings to the team, poor at bringing others into play, no pace to play on the wing, just not sure what we do with him!

My big concern with Dunkley is now that we are playing it out from the back.

As you say, he’s not comfortable on the ball and he’s an accident waiting to happen.