Team for today

Very disappointing to see him drop Gregory and Adeniran. Also I think Hutch will be a huge miss, for me he’s been our best player so far this season.

To me that looks like a line up to not get beat although after looking at it, I think we concede our first goal or goals of the season today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not happy with that line-up.

Why no Byers, Adeniran and Gregory ?

We were much better on the ball whenever we had Byers on the pitch while Wing was largely invisible and perhaps deserving of a short break.

Adeniran played big roles in 2 of our 3 goals, presses better than Paterson and is better on the ball. Possibly our best player so far this season.

What Gregory did wrong to get dropped ?!

Only my opinion, but I would rather start Gibson than Dunkley as well. Dunk wins most headers, but panics on the ball struggles under pressure.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Didn’t expect this but 2nd away game of the season and Paterson starting up top? Not a massive surprise, DM obviously feels he needs Paterson’s defensive abilities at set-pieces. Probably will be one if not our toughest game of the season so happy to trust in DM.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, malek said:

We were much better on the ball whenever we had Byers on the pitch while Wing was largely invisible and perhaps deserving of a short break.

Adeniran played big roles in 2 of our 3 goals, presses better than Paterson and is better on the ball. Possibly our best player so far this season.

Only my opinion, but I would rather start Gibson than Dunkley as well. Dunk wins most headers, but panics on the ball struggles under pressure.

Think you’ve pretty much nailed it there pal.

I’m more concerned about today’s game after seeing that line up than I was before.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Didn’t expect this but 2nd away game of the season and Paterson starting up top? Not a massive surprise, DM obviously feels he needs Paterson’s defensive abilities at set-pieces. Probably will be one if not our toughest game of the season so happy to trust in DM.

In my opinion we are not looking to fight for possession with Rotherham and look happy to see them get on the ball. Not a god idea in my opinion as they had great midfield and i believed that whoever wins that battle will have good chance on winning the game.

I understand Moore's thinking behind this line-up, but can't agree with it and think he is making a mistake here.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, malek said:

I think it's just Moore thinking it's going to be a scrap rather than a footballing masterclass, not that I agree with that approach. Dunkley frightens the life out of me, but as you said he's dominant in the air which may be what Moore thinks we need today.

Gregory is still getting up to speed so not surprised he's not starting back to back games straight away.

• Like 2