I Know It's Early Doors But.......

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

We've been saying for a while that at some point we'd get another manager who would become a legend at the club and take us back to the Premier League.

Now I was very critical of Darren Moore's appointment last season and from his time in charge last season wasn't impressed, but now I'm converted. He knows what he is doing, has an eye for players, has us organised, seems sound tactically, and as proven today, can make ruthless decisions for the benefit of the club. He also is likeable from the players perspective, they want to play for him so................

Just keep your fingers crossed.🤞

Well said 

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

I think that what he has definitely proven is that nobody could've got a tune out of that set of players last season, they were disgraceful in their attitudes towards the club and supporters.

Not even Ollie could've kept us up.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Jim said:

I knew the appointment of Moore was a good one from day one and relegation didn’t change my opinion. I knew he would deliver on the young hungry team that we were promised 12 months ago 😁

I believe you Jim and I'm recommending you for the next interview panel when DM retires after three consecutive Champions League trophies. lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I think that what he has definitely proven is that nobody could've got a tune out of that set of players last season, they were disgraceful in their attitudes towards the club and supporters.

I was telling everyone that all through last season and half before it 

It was the off pitch nonsense that killed them off and essentially made the squad fight back against the chairman in the only way they could 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I was telling everyone that all through last season and half before it 

It was the off pitch nonsense that killed them off and essentially made the squad fight back against the chairman in the only way they could 

So basically f*** the fans and the club, just to get back at the Chairman? We probably all felt the same way, but letting down the fans that always backed you up to the point they stopped trying? Disgraceful behaviour. Unprofessional wasters!

Apart from those still here of course lol.

Edited by theowlsman

10 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Ollie Varadi?

Didn't even know he'd  gone into management! lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

So basically f*** the fans and the club, just to get back at the Chairman? We probably all felt the same way, but letting down the fans that always backed you up to the point they stopped trying? Disgraceful behaviour. Unprofessional wasters!

Apart from those still here of course lol.

To be fair on here anyone messed about by their boss wouldnt be giving their all for them for long that’s an absolute fact 

Anyway - I don’t even wanna think about the chairman or his ways and actions

I just wanna crack on with a positive season

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Monk would have kept us up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I was happy with the Moore signing I knew we were going down and he’s a top manager in this league, organised donny really well the players wanted to play for him just like ours do now. He’s running things really well without chansiri sticking his nose in , hopefully Moore has educated dc into being more ruthless 

8 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I believe you Jim and I'm recommending you for the next interview panel when DM retires after three consecutive Champions League trophies. lol

We needed a manager who would have us playing attractive attacking football, a good man manager and someone who would trust in youth. He ticks all 3 boxes and several more besides. Early days of course but I’ll be amazed if we’re not lauding DM as a Wednesday managerial legend in due course. Reminds me of Big Ron, he really does.

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

We needed a manager who would have us playing attractive attacking football, a good man manager and someone who would trust in youth. He ticks all 3 boxes and several more besides. Early days of course but I’ll be amazed if we’re not lauding DM as a Wednesday managerial legend in due course. Reminds me of Big Ron, he really does.

Big Jack, Big Ron, and Big Daz / Dave.

Got all the right credentials.

lol

• Love 2
  • Haha 3

I have been thinking about this topic and the timing around the appointment of Darren Moore.  

I also was skeptical of the appointment at first, and wondered why Chansiri brought Moore in when he did, because at the time in made no sense given the predicament we were in.  

But now the more I think about it, how we have hit the ground running during the close season, a lot of that was down to the timing of Moore's appointment.  

Have been very impressed with Moore at the helm, he certainly has steadied the ship.  His calming influence and measured approach is a breath of fresh air.  

Moore has my full backing. 

• Like 2