Wednesday fans need to learn how to enjoy themselves again

1 minute ago, ANDY said:

It’s a very good sentiment but I fear we’re only one bad result away from the doom merchants emerging again. 

You can spot them already
They're the ones crying like babies because I've said maybe we are doing ok and should be enjoying it

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

I think most fans will agree there are green shoots there, some players will thrive and some may not. But we have always maintained that we the fans are the constant positive at our club. Let show it, give all the players our backing and see where this season takes us. Let's enjoy this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Wednesday fans need to forget everything they know about supporting a football club after recent years, and learn how to enjoy a game or a season without any guilt and more importantly without feeling a need to start investigating straight after a match or between games trying to find reasons not to enjoy it 

Looking for players who might not have had a good game, looking for reasons to post why we might fail at some point, looking for something in the tactics that might falter occasionally - all examples of Wednesday fans not knowing how to simply enjoy their football club

Come on… let’s actually enjoy a season without all this self punishment and finding ways to look for faults

Next time you think about starting a thread looking for a negative, looking for a player that you think it's playing amazingly well, or looking for something in the tactics that means we might fail - don't.

Instead post something positive 

you great lummox....you come on here with all your fancy ideas about cheering us up and looking on the positive side....this is owlstalk you know.....😂

great post neil 😎

• Haha 2

That’s sounds ok Neil but what about moaning about our fans moaning?
Bloody mardy arse lot are already crying and we’ve had a great start to the season, fairly sure if we go up this time in second place they would demand DM gets the boot for not winning the damm thing. Wednesday are like the British weather, sun, rain and snow on the same day and what ever style or formation we use it will never be reyt for all. 
I love Wednesday but I’m sure my first and last words on this planet will be the same…

oh ffs Wednesday!

I’m loving how things are being done. We are going about everything in the right way at the moment. If it leads to success that’s brilliant. If it’s a bumpy road then that’s fine. Life is a bumpy road. If it leads to 10 consecutive seasons in L1 but the club is sustainable and entry prices are affordable and the crowds can enjoy themselves then I’d take that too. 

If we keep our focus on doing things right and enjoying the journey then you can’t go wrong! 

BTW, it won’t be the third of the possibilities. We’ve got too many good players for that!

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Wednesday fans need to forget everything they know about supporting a football club after recent years, and learn how to enjoy a game or a season without any guilt and more importantly without feeling a need to start investigating straight after a match or between games trying to find reasons not to enjoy it 

Looking for players who might not have had a good game, looking for reasons to post why we might fail at some point, looking for something in the tactics that might falter occasionally - all examples of Wednesday fans not knowing how to simply enjoy their football club

Come on… let’s actually enjoy a season without all this self punishment and finding ways to look for faults

Next time you think about starting a thread looking for a negative, looking for a player that you think isn't playing amazingly well, or looking for something in the tactics that means we might fail - don't.

I'm with this, I don't need people telling me to reign it in, or reminding me its only 3 games, or pointing out who we have played and where they are.  I want to get carried away and I want to enjoy it.  Plenty of time to mump if it all goes **** up, but somehow I believe it will just get better.  Would be a duller forum if we all thought the same though!

• Like 2

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Next time you think about starting a thread looking for a negative, looking for a player that you think isn't playing amazingly well, or looking for something in the tactics that means we might fail - don't.

100%

some people just need to look at their glass half full instead of half empty 

enjoy the ride we don’t get them often enough 

Following what DM said yesterday (I think), - I can't wait to see Corbeanu.  From what DM said, he sounds like he's going to be an exciting addition to the squad.  It's early days of course, but I can only see performances becoming better as the squad gels and the pattern of play is more established.  Of course we will be watched by opposition teams and they will try to negate our style of play, but so far the energy and drive looks better than it has been for years.   

8 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Very good point to be fair and I suppose I will fall into this category. 

Ive not been to a game yet since pre-pandemic due to holidays - I will probably have a different outlook once I go back to Hillsborough. 

place is buzzing again and great to see a lot of elderly people going some what have had strokes and other serious health stuff it was nice to catch up with them and to know there still with us.