Wednesday fans need to learn how to enjoy themselves again

Absolutely agree 😉 - a young squad - lets encourage them and who knows within three seasons we could do the same as our neighbours did - wouldn't it be lovely to swap places !

So when there is that misplaced pass (and we will see it more away on the smaller pitches) no moaning and getting on their back - lets support them like we did it 2011/12 in this league and see where it takes us too .....👏

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Wednesday fans need to forget everything they know about supporting a football club after recent years, and learn how to enjoy a game or a season without any guilt and more importantly without feeling a need to start investigating straight after a match or between games trying to find reasons not to enjoy it 

Looking for players who might not have had a good game, looking for reasons to post why we might fail at some point, looking for something in the tactics that might falter occasionally - all examples of Wednesday fans not knowing how to simply enjoy their football club

Come on… let’s actually enjoy a season without all this self punishment and finding ways to look for faults

Next time you think about starting a thread looking for a negative, looking for a player that you think it's playing amazingly well, or looking for something in the tactics that means we might fail - don't.

Instead post something positive 

Very good point to be fair and I suppose I will fall into this category. 

Ive not been to a game yet since pre-pandemic due to holidays - I will probably have a different outlook once I go back to Hillsborough. 

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Wednesday fans need to forget everything they know about supporting a football club after recent years, and learn how to enjoy a game or a season without any guilt and more importantly without feeling a need to start investigating straight after a match or between games trying to find reasons not to enjoy it 

Looking for players who might not have had a good game, looking for reasons to post why we might fail at some point, looking for something in the tactics that might falter occasionally - all examples of Wednesday fans not knowing how to simply enjoy their football club

Come on… let’s actually enjoy a season without all this self punishment and finding ways to look for faults

Next time you think about starting a thread looking for a negative, looking for a player that you think it's playing amazingly well, or looking for something in the tactics that means we might fail - don't.

As long as we keep it tight at the back, get goals at the other end and keep putting points in the end column i am happy.

But we have to be above both Rotherham and Doncaster so 3 points on Saturday would be a go start to the weekend and put us top for a least a few hours.

I'm really going to enjoy the next match now.

Thanks,

but what happens if you're wrong?

Can I tell someone I'm not happy or should I keep it pent up?

This new free me is exciting but confusing.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Isn’t the idea of a forum to discuss who we thought we played well and who we think needs to improve? 

• Like 4

I normally agree with you on most things, when you’re not on the wind up or click baiting that is. 

But on this your basically saying only talk about positive things or shut up? Going completely against the idea of a forum. 

• Like 2

All good points, it's so easy to look for and find negatives everywhere.

But then again we do all love a good moan.

15 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Isn’t the idea of a forum to discuss who we thought we played well and who we think needs to improve? 

11 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

I normally agree with you on most things, when you’re not on the wind up or click baiting that is. 

But on this your basically saying only talk about positive things or shut up? Going completely against the idea of a forum. 

Look how desperate people are to find negatives at a time we're absolutely flying (despite Darren Moore saying the team's not fit yet, that we've got a brand new squad that has admitted hasn't gelled yet, and yet we're yet to concede a goal and have just got 7 points from the last three games our best start to a season in yeeeeeeears)

Baffling

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

How true, if we hit a bad patch the best way out of it is to support the players not moan at or about them. If we have to moan lets do it about how we did not support the players enough and how if we had we might have geed them up to change the result. It's so nice to be feeling positive again and if we hit a blip we can help the team through it with our backing, which feels great when home or away and is appreciated by the players who want the same as us, to win games.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Willie Henderson said:

All good points, it's so easy to look for and find negatives everywhere.

But then again we do all love a good moan.

Hhm, Chairman ring any local bells?

37 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Look how desperate people are to find negatives at a time we're absolutely flying (despite Darren Moore saying the team's not fit yet, that we've got a brand new squad that has admitted hasn't gelled yet, and yet we're yet to concede a goal and have just got 7 points from the last three games our best start to a season in yeeeeeeears)

Baffling

People are still entitled to their opinion. 

You made the forum, you’ve given them a voice to share their opinion. You can’t then tell them not to do it. 

If people want to be negative let them, if they’ve got valid constructive points even better as it makes for good discussion. 

• Like 1