Lewandowski

scram

33 years old

£110m

Obviously no/little resale at his age - but clubs that could afford him don't care about that

It's buying goals though

maybe able to adjust the fee down a bit and mitigate it somewhat with a player swap

Definitely worth a punt for the right club imo

Juve paid a similar amount for a 33/34 year old Ronaldo. The big clubs know they can make it back in Asia alone on shirt sales and merchandise.

Absolutely worth it. He is in unreal shape. Got at least two more years of scoring stupid amounts of goals.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

Juve paid a similar amount for a 33/34 year old Ronaldo. The big clubs know they can make it back in Asia alone on shirt sales and merchandise.

Absolutely worth it. He is in unreal shape. Got at least two more years of scoring stupid amounts of goals.

Looks fitter than most (chav) teenagers do.

I can see Bayern letting him go and then bringing haaland in at some point.

Imagine letting Lewondowski go for 110m and then bringing Haaland in for 70m. That's the kind of business Bayern seem to do!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Bit of an interesting year or two ahead in terms of the worlds top forwards and where they're going.

Lewandowski, Kane, Mbappe, Ronaldo and Haaland all likely on the move.. 

Best part of £1bn worth of business to be done there!

He wants a new deal, but they're seemingly unwilling to consider that atm. He's got two years on his contract.

Seems him wanting to leave is a ploy to get that new contract.

Love to see him in the PL though. Amazing striker. Appreciate he is 33 now, but these elite level guys usually look after themselves so well and he's no exception.

Guest T Hardy
On 19/08/2021 at 11:43, Adem Poric said:

Ronaldo is a much bigger name than Lewandowski though. I think the price was right for him but £110m is ridiculous for Lewandowski 

On 20/08/2021 at 14:08, T Hardy said:

Ronaldo is a much bigger name than Lewandowski though. I think the price was right for him but £110m is ridiculous for Lewandowski 

Assuming they still charge for shirt printing by the letter, Lewandowski is the bigger name by a whole four...

Guest T Hardy
10 minutes ago, BenOwl1867 said:

Does he have the pull for merch like Messi and Ronaldo do? Not questioning his ability at all, admired him for years but £100m for a 33 year old sounds crazy 

I think there’s no chance he does at all. He’ll sell a lot of shirts I’m sure but I imagine there’s 100x more Messi/Ronaldo shirts around at least 

Guest T Hardy
15 minutes ago, scram said:

Be a gamble of course but if he could fire somebody like one of the Manc clubs to CL victory then fee repaid 

It's buying goals for a couple of seasons - maybe mitigate the fee with a player swap

Cristiano this season and then Haaland next season, seems so obvious for one of the Manchester clubs I don’t get why they haven’t done it