Trading Places

1 hour ago, Utah Owl said:

It's a lovely thought, but let's keep our

powder dry for a little while yet so we can better see how the season is shaping up.

Nah, I've already got the tattoo done and everything. What could go wrong? 

• Haha 7

If they produced this form last season they would have gone down because there was a lot of fight in the relegation spots. This year I can’t see them going down there is some really poor teams down there right now but it’ll be funny as foooook if they do 

Living with a Blade! (Yes I know) means that we have watched some of their games. Me and  'er indoors have managed to watch the first half of their 3 games (then she'd had enough) and they have been absolutely abysmal.

I actually said to her last night that it reminded me of watching us last season 😅 

• Haha 2

What with parachute payments plus another 24-30 million pounds for Ramsdale following a year in which Championship clubs have struggled financially, it would be absolutely incredible if the Blades ended up in a relegation fight or even finished in the bottom half of the division. OTH we do seem to be on the way up ATM.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

What with parachute payments plus another 24-30 million pounds for Ramsdale following a year in which Championship clubs have struggled financially, it would be absolutely incredible if the Blades ended up in a relegation fight or even finished in the bottom half of the division. OTH we do seem to be on the way up ATM.

They have already spent two years parachute payments. If they dont go up will be on trouble. Cant see them reinvesting 40% of what they recouped on ramsdale. They wont go down not a chance. Be funny as fizz if they did.

Just now, Bulldog said:

Living with a Blade! (Yes I know) means that we have watched some of their games. Me and  'er indoors have managed to watch the first half of their 3 games (then she'd had enough) and they have been absolutely abysmal.

I actually said to her last night that it reminded me of watching us last season 😅 

I'm also married to a blade and we watched the game last night, her pals were messaging and all agreed it was absolutely embarrassing. 

The goalie looked liked the school kid in the playground who couldn't play so they stuck him in the goal.

• Haha 1

I don't get the meltdown after last night's game.... they are exactly the same as they were last season, albeit against lower ranked teams

I assume that they thought that the championship was such poor quality even their poor players would thrive... not sure why they would think that

One thing is for sure..... they aren't going up ahead of Fulham, West Bromwich, Bournemouth 

They won't go down. Probably. (Tho' Sunderland...) But: early days and all that.... It does seem more quite likely they won't be fighting a strong promotion campaign. Vaguely reminiscent of Stoke a few years ago. If you don't go straight back up it is easy to get stranded.... At which point further decline is at least as likely as a surge.

When you consider what a strong position they were in less than eighteen months ago, with a semi-permanent premier league status within reach, it's really heartbreaking.

22 minutes ago, Green Calx said:

There does seem to be a lot of similar things blade's fans are saying to what we were saying about our lot last season. Gutless, not interested, clueless. It's early days yet but it's lovely to see! 

As well as their recruitment, ability of the management, having no cash, can't get rid of poor players.....oh and expensive mis firing strikers....

2 hours ago, JOHNHARKES said:

They have already spent two years parachute payments. If they dont go up will be on trouble. Cant see them reinvesting 40% of what they recouped on ramsdale. They wont go down not a chance. Be funny as fizz if they did.

They also owe Bournemouth a sell on fee for Ramsdale, think I saw it was 15% on any fee over £19 million, so they won't be getting the full amount for him either

Guest LondonOwl313

They won’t go down.. Brewster and McBurnie will do the business at that level as they were scoring regularly before moving to the PL

Can’t see them being top 6 either though, probably 12-15th