Something is missing

Started better than I expected to be honest with all the incomings.

We've got Sow, Gibson, Corbeanu, Gibson  who've yet to get match fit. Shodipo and Windass to come back in and Luongo fit and ready.

Loads of options but still early in the process. With a fair wind I think we'll get stronger as the season progresses..... as all promotion teams tend to do.

It's fair to say that I've raised my hopes from mid table to something better.

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Dunno what, but it was definitely missing last night.  Lots of good things happening all over the pitch last night but nah something just wasn't quite there. 

Any ideas?

We need to find it.  

An understanding of football would help...so that rules you out...mind you my Mum needs a shopping list...

3 games, an away draw and two home wins.  I’m delighted considering this is a new team.  For the first 20 or so minutes last night we were excellent.

We will be tested over the course of the season and will have setbacks.  There is lots to work on.  It won’t be long before we come a cropper playing out from the back but that is the style of play Moore wants to impose and you have to persist with it and at times it worked really well last night.

Our team will get better over time I have no doubt.  In Gregory we have a proper out and out striker.  Adeniran has shone, Byers impressed, Peaacok-Farrell kept clean sheets and the few remaining old guard done well.  

There are lots of positives at present. Can’t believe I am saying that after last season.

I’m really enjoying going to Hillsborough again (especially since I’ve persuaded my kids to get Season Tickets).  Live for the moment.  We will do ok this season 👍 

54 minutes ago, Billque said:

After a brilliant start where we should have been three up, i then feel we became a little disjointed for two reasons. Firstly, we were kinda dragged down to their levels by being over confident, so starting messing about a little  and secondly, the referee was constantly stopping the game for petty fouls, petty fouls that resulted in 9 bookings !! 9  bookings and i can,t really remember bad foul in the match                                       I think you will see this team rise to the occasion on the BIG match days though  The only player that needs a kick up the rear end for me is Johnstone, who to be fair looks like he is nowhere near match fit yep,

Who is this Johnstone that you are referring to?

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Dunno what, but it was definitely missing last night.  Lots of good things happening all over the pitch last night but nah something just wasn't quite there. 

Any ideas?

We need to find it.  

I weren’t there 🤔

58 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Atmosphere is still awful

Not if you listen to the players and managers, all say it’s great. Maybe it just projects onto the pitch and not round the stands, or maybe we need more pyros? 

Edited by Striggy

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

10 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Something missing.........

The Lewis Wing that single handedly nearly kept Rotherham up last season ....

Who the bloody hell is this Lewis Wing we've took on this season?

He looks like a raffle winner for a substitute appearance in a friendly .....:duntmatter:

Here we go again the seasonal hunt for a whipping boy. Wing has been far from poor so far . Has pace and energy to offer as well as ability on the ball. 3 games in and he is already on the radar of some on here. Sad when we have had such a positive start.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Here we go again the seasonal hunt for a whipping boy. Wing has been far from poor so far . Has pace and energy to offer as well as ability on the ball. 3 games in and he is already on the radar of some on here. Sad when we have had such a positive start.

I'm only posting what I have seen ....

He's been a "Rabbit in Headlights" so far ..

Last season he was incredible for Rotherham ..

I genuinely thought he was the the marquee signing for us pre season ...

At present his arse is damp from a lack of groundsheet .....

2 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

I think Wing is a useful addition to the squad but in a midfield 3 he needs to be more disciplined, but that could be down to how Moore wants him to play 

2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Any ideas?

We need to find it.  

Individualism at times, not clicking as a unit, we may have some good players but they have to work together, be disciplined and have a system to stick by, it's no where near yet. 

• Like 2

3 games in. Not lost. Not conceded a goal. 
13 new players. 
Windass injured. 
shodipo injured. 
not seen Theo or Sylla yet. 
nowt missing just need time to gel and still doin great. Someone will get a hammering. 
be nice be tinpots on Saturday but can’t see it. 
nothing to worry about yet. We will win the league. 

• Like 2