Exit to Leppings Lane .

Anyone on here know why those in the South Stand were again unable to exit the stand to Leppings Lane ?

It's not as if those from the North Stand cant exit to Leppings Lane and it was hardly to be expected that the 100 from Fleetwood were about to start a riot .

An explanation from the club would be welcome.

• Like 2

SYP are not fit for purpose when it comes to managing a small number of away fans.Closing Leppings Lane off to home fans just beggars belief.Especially when a lot of clubs are not going more than 200/300 fans with one or two exceptions ie Sunderland, Rotherham etc. :tango:

• Like 2

I like it when they announce ‘no exit via leaping lane for home fans’. It’s like hearing ’programs three quid’ and announcing the crowd number. Always look forward to the announcement.

Couldn’t believe it when they didn’t say it once. I think it was Carlisle in the cup when it was snowing. Me and my dad and brother almost ran out of the ground at the end of the match just to see what it was like to exit via the Leppings Lane end! It was everything I’d dreamed it would be, made even more beautiful by the backdrop of snow. 
Happy memories. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

When I heard this tannoy on Saturday I kind of understood it, local derby, half decent away following, few tasty points in the game.

Last night it just made me giggle.

Small number of supporters (who seemed a very young and friendly bunch), no rivalry whatsoever, and an incident free match.

SAG will probably use the extra length of time it has taken people to exit the south stand vicinity the last 2 games as an excuse to half the capacity.

Thanks for all the responses -- shows the good humour and tolerance we have to have as supporters of this club , but wouldn't it be helpful to have an official explanation as to why things are done now and again , especially when it causes inconvenience and possible crushing elsewhere for so many people .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, alan48 said:

Thanks for all the responses -- shows the good humour and tolerance we have to have as supporters of this club , but wouldn't it be helpful to have an official explanation as to why things are done now and again , especially when it causes inconvenience and possible crushing elsewhere for so many people .

Don't Hillsborough and potential crushing in the same sentence, SAG and SYP will close it to all fans. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

I like it when they announce ‘no exit via leaping lane for home fans’. It’s like hearing ’programs three quid’ and announcing the crowd number. Always look forward to the announcement.

Couldn’t believe it when they didn’t say it once. I think it was Carlisle in the cup when it was snowing. Me and my dad and brother almost ran out of the ground at the end of the match just to see what it was like to exit via the Leppings Lane end! It was everything I’d dreamed it would be, made even more beautiful by the backdrop of snow. 
Happy memories. 

Programme dear, programme

We are British.

• Haha 1