Who wanted Paul Cook?

22 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Didn't say he'd have kept us up.  I mean, he could've done potentially.

I think given all the off-field problems last season, it would've been a challenge for most coaches.

All hypothetical now anyway.

I think Cook is a decent coach - you clearly don't.  Gonna have to agree to disagree here.

He is a decent coach I would agree. but he isn't anything better than that unfortunately. No championship club were interested in taking him last season and there were plenty that could have done. League One is his level. Moore gets sacked. Then I wouldn't be against bringing Cook in. because he is capable of getting a team like ours promoted. But so far that's as good as it's got for him top of league one/ bottom end championship.

The way some talk about how great he is you would think he had managed at champions league level.

Guest Jack the Hat
On 18/08/2021 at 06:56, markg said:

Not me.

I wanted us to go further and implement a no scouser policy to be honest.

Calm Down Calm Down

Guest T Hardy
On 18/08/2021 at 06:55, Daniele Giovanni said:

In hindsight glad we opted for Darren Moore, Cook has had money thrown at him, DM on free transfers and loans, but he's given us a winning mentality, early days yet but its looking good. 

In hindsight? We’re 3 games into the season. It’s far too early to draw conclusions. 

9 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

He is a decent coach I would agree. but he isn't anything better than that unfortunately. No championship club were interested in taking him last season and there were plenty that could have done. League One is his level. Moore gets sacked. Then I wouldn't be against bringing Cook in. because he is capable of getting a team like ours promoted. But so far that's as good as it's got for him top of league one/ bottom end championship.

The way some talk about how great he is you would think he had managed at champions league level.

In fairness to him, if it hadn't been for a points deduction that was nothing to do with him he would have had Wigan in 13th in 19/20. Not bad for a 2nd year in the Championship. They'd have probably had a good go at the Play Offs in 20/21 if they hadn't been decimated in the way they were.

• Like 2