Who wanted Paul Cook?

Yeah at the time I wanted cook but didn’t think it would work Out for him here given chansiri a way of controlling everything and cook wanting more control in footballing matters and recruitment 

that said maybe just maybe cook pulling out ( allegedly held talks a few times and couldn’t reach terms based on this ) 

maybe just led to chansiri having a change in philosophy having seen his club swan dive backwards and no worthy manager wanting to come

this leads to Moore having more control and whilst the proof is in the pudding long term it certainly looks tasty right now 

cook will however get Ipswich going given time that start could have quite easily been us given the mass recruitment 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Yeah at the time I wanted cook but didn’t think it would work Out for him here given chansiri a way of controlling everything and cook wanting more control in footballing matters and recruitment 

that said maybe just maybe cook pulling out ( allegedly held talks a few times and couldn’t reach terms based on this ) 

maybe just led to chansiri having a change in philosophy having seen his club swan dive backwards and no worthy manager wanting to come

this leads to Moore having more control and whilst the proof is in the pudding long term it certainly looks tasty right now 

cook will however get Ipswich going given time that start could have quite easily been us given the mass recruitment 

Absoultely. Moores greatest success is having built a relationship of trust with Chansiri. None of our managers since Carlos have managed that and I doubt Cook would have either.

Managing chansiri is just as an important a part of the job as managing the team is.

• Like 5

I wanted Cook or Cowley.

I was happy and surprised with Moore.

Cook has a big job at Ipswich and Moore has one here. Right now Moore is doing better. I hope it stays that way.

Mind you, Cowley has a big job on his hands here and has won three out of three.

A slow start was always on the cards for them with all the signings they've made really. 

They've been terrible the last 2 seasons and it's annoyed me how much hype they've had going into this season, so I'm enjoying seeing what is potentially a rival dropping points. 

As others have said though I expect they'll get going soon and be up there at the end of the season. 

Fingers crossed it all goes wrong for them and Sunderland though, it's nothing personal I just want Wednesday's life to be made as easy as possible. 

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

Absoultely. Moores greatest success is having built a relationship of trust with Chansiri. None of our managers since Carlos have managed that and I doubt Cook would have either.

Managing chansiri is just as an important a part of the job as managing the team is.

Correct I was once taught on a job the art of managing up

its a skill but one that is much needed in dealing with influential people who can be ( let’s say ) a liability 

Worth remembering they've signed nearly 20 players this season. Think it currently stands at 17 and quite a few of those are fees, not freebies.

Thought we'd gone a bit whacky with 13 or whatever it was.

I still fully expect Ipswich to be challenging though. Feel like it will take one win and they'll start to get going.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

In hindsight glad we opted for Darren Moore, Cook has had money thrown at him, DM on free transfers and loans, but he's given us a winning mentality, early days yet but its looking good. 

I think people wanted Cook to come in and save us in February. DM should be able to do a job in this division and let's be honest he's been throwing plenty of money around to get these 13 recruits...it's the salaries not fees and people like Gregory and Adeniran won't have come for low pay. 

Because a manager does ok at one club or two doesn't mean he would do ok everywhere.

All about the right place at the right time.. nearly always.

That is until you get into the super manager prem league with £30 squillion to put things right.

There will be a couple managers in this league who do well this season and no fooooker would have thunk it.

1 hour ago, victorturner said:

I think people wanted Cook to come in and save us in February. DM should be able to do a job in this division and let's be honest he's been throwing plenty of money around to get these 13 recruits...it's the salaries not fees and people like Gregory and Adeniran won't have come for low pay. 

Rock and a hard place