Who wanted Paul Cook?

You can’t judge anything at this point of the season, Ipswich have a squad that absolutely should compete for the top 2 in this league , and I think they’ll be up there come the end of the season wether that’s with Cook as boss or not 

I wanted Cook after we sacked Pulis. He's got a very good record at this level and I expect he'll get Ipswich firing in time.

However, I also thought we were looking for a manager who was unemployed at the time, and didn't for one minute expect us to even consider poaching Moore from Donny.

They're both good managers, but I'm happy with Moore and the rebuild he's overseen.

• Like 1

Cook brought Francis fookín Jeffers with him to Ipswich as a coach, I think a few people who wanted him here after Monk/Pulis (myself included) would’ve changed their mind as soon as that spineless ballbag turned up.

It’s obviously very early days but a lot of Ipswich fans don’t seem very happy with Cook, especially after he’s been backed in the transfer market.

3 hours ago, Billy Hunt said:

If we got Cook. Maybe we stay in the Championship and recruit well and have a good start. Maybe we still get relegated and we lose the first three with terrible recruitment. 

Cooks current and future failures/successes at Ipswich have absolutely no bearing on whether he would or would not have been a good appointment.

I’ll go as far as saying if Iorfa doesn’t get injured we stay up regardless of the manager

Fans on their forum don't rate Cook at all. And it's not just the poor start, apparently they were dire under him at the end of last season too. He blamed it on what he inherited so did a complete revamp over the summer. They think he can't get a tune out of them either, even though they look like quality individuals (apart from Penney who they're unsure about). They say performances have got worse with each game so far.

It's early days. His track record says he'll turn it round if the fans give him time. 

I would have been delighted to get Cook but at the moment wouldn't swap him for DM.

21 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

Fans on their forum don't rate Cook at all. And it's not just the poor start, apparently they were dire under him at the end of last season too. He blamed it on what he inherited so did a complete revamp over the summer. They think he can't get a tune out of them either, even though they look like quality individuals (apart from Penney who they're unsure about). They say performances have got worse with each game so far.

It's early days. His track record says he'll turn it round if the fans give him time. 

I would have been delighted to get Cook but at the moment wouldn't swap him for DM.

Hear hear, Darren Moore has got his foot in the door, hope it stays there for a while

47 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

Read a few posts on their forum suggesting Cook is struggling without his ex-assistant Leam Richardson, who stayed on at Wigan. They’ve got a massive backroom staff according to Wikipedia but Cook just has a few inexperienced first team coaches (including that coward Jeffers) instead of an assistant, which seems strange. Good for us though!

6 hours ago, Morepork said:

Very early in the piece for both managers. Cook will get a tune out if them I’m sure. As for us, we will lose games this season, the important things are always bouncing straight back and solid home form.

Agree  ealy days. We have had a decent start but, 3 goals from 3 games is not great.

If we have 22 points after 10 games, will believe we will get out of this league.

Easy to pick this out in hindsight but you've got to remember it wasn't a straight choice between Moore and Cook. 

Cook was available with a good track record - hence the clamour, Moore was employed and none of us expected Chansiri to bother with employed managers. 

Still stick by him being the best suitable candidate that was clearly available (i.e. unemployed and interested) at the time. 

Far too early to write off Ipswich - they'll come good

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

In hindsight glad we opted for Darren Moore, Cook has had money thrown at him, DM on free transfers and loans, but he's given us a winning mentality, early days yet but its looking good. 

It is very early days..

Cook will do well I reckon..if we finish above Ipswich..we will go up..imo..

• Like 1