Fleetwood’s Biggins: “It was a special feeling to walk out on that pitch”

On 18/08/2021 at 16:25, richowl said:

Wayne biggins lad. My dads mate from school.

Was in same class at school as Wayne's older brother Kirk, Kirk was a Man Utd fan not sure about Wayne....Wayne played knockabout football with us at Millhouses Park a few times, didn't pick him as ever being a pro though, although he was very quick.

On 18/08/2021 at 07:44, soldierboyblue said:

John Pearson couldn't speak highly enough of Wayne ' Bertie' Biggins last night, said he would be there cheering for his lad but is a Wednesdayite through and through. I think he used to drink in the 40 Foot maybe still does

Was a park hotel regular til he got barred, top lad. 

• Like 1

On 18/08/2021 at 11:09, BIG D said:

I remember him from Hillsborough Celtic back in the day. I wasn't good enough to get a game too often but that team included Biggins, Paul Stancliffe, a lad called Stuart Hibberd who played for Lincoln and I think Stevie Adams as well.

I was in the same year and class as Bert and the school had him, Stuart Hibberd and probably the best player who never made it Daryl Howcutt in the team. They were pretty good snd Bert was a top lad.

3 minutes ago, debram said:

It was magic, we all had a reight laugh, those were the days. 

Used to go to the PFA awards with Bert when he was at Norwich , always on a Sunday at the Grosvenor hotel on park lane , 

At the end of the night Bert would break into his rendition of “Babe “ by Styx 

fizz knows how I remember that as everyone there was wasted 

• Like 1

I was the year above Wayne at Meynell Road. We were a poor side but transformed into a decent side when Stuart, Wayne and Darryl played for us. 3 fantastic footballers they were. As I recall their year team won most competitions they competed in. 

Wayne actually played centre half at that time ( he wasn’t the tallest at that time but was a brilliant header of the ball) I was amazed how many inches he put on once he left school. 

Stuart Hibberd was the first to make it professionally at Lincoln, as I recall he suffered a bad leg break and that scupperd his career. Meanwhile Wayne was plying his trade at non league Matlock, and shortly afterwards he got the break he richly deserved at Burnley. Unfortunately as previous stated the other excellent player of the trio Daryl Howcutt for some reason never made it.