Fleetwood’s Biggins: “It was a special feeling to walk out on that pitch”

Guest Kagoshimaowl
6 hours ago, Eastcoastowl said:

Yes but the boy is totally deluded if he thinks they deserved anything from that game!!

7 minutes ago, sibon said:

He was a nice lad when he was at school. Better at football than he was at Chemistry, despite my best efforts.

Were you trying to make him worse at football or better at chemistry?

• Haha 7

Blimey. Didn’t realise.

Feel like a bit of name dropping in order here. 
I played with Wayne at Matlock and Kings Lynn before he went on to Norwich and Man C if I recall via a Lower league Burnley. 
It cost Norwich as we played there in the E Anglian cup and drew 3-3. Joe Royle and Fashanu played for them Wayne scored all 3 and was on fire. They didn’t sign him then and paid a fair whack for him some time later. 
Blinking Bertie. Cracking player. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dan™ said:

Hutchinson limping across the background @ 3:36... Not a promising sight 😬

He doesn’t look like someone that will be fit for Saturday that’s for sure. Maybe even for 2 or 3 weeks.

2 hours ago, edwinowl said:

Blimey. Didn’t realise.

Feel like a bit of name dropping in order here. 
I played with Wayne at Matlock and Kings Lynn before he went on to Norwich and Man C if I recall via a Lower league Burnley. 
It cost Norwich as we played there in the E Anglian cup and drew 3-3. Joe Royle and Fashanu played for them Wayne scored all 3 and was on fire. They didn’t sign him then and paid a fair whack for him some time later. 
Blinking Bertie. Cracking player. 

I remember him from Hillsborough Celtic back in the day. I wasn't good enough to get a game too often but that team included Biggins, Paul Stancliffe, a lad called Stuart Hibberd who played for Lincoln and I think Stevie Adams as well.

8 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I remember him from Hillsborough Celtic back in the day. I wasn't good enough to get a game too often but that team included Biggins, Paul Stancliffe, a lad called Stuart Hibberd who played for Lincoln and I think Stevie Adams as well.

Darren Bradshaw also played in that side think he went to Newcastle. Big Ian Helliwell too went to York I think. 

• Thanks 1

Bert's been a good mate for many years ....... Loves a pint, Used to meet Hirsty, Shez & Carlton in the White Horse at Wadsley Bridge after training for a game of snooker.

Tell's some fantastic stories about his time as a pro footballer & the character's he met along the way .......... The Lou Macari story, who used to be his boss at Stoke & signed him for Celtic is truly amazing!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Bert's been a good mate for many years ....... Loves a pint, Used to meet Hirsty, Shez & Carlton in the White Horse at Wadsley Bridge after training for a game of snooker.

Tell's some fantastic stories about his time as a pro footballer & the character's he met along the way .......... The Lou Macari story, who used to be his boss at Stoke & signed him for Celtic is truly amazing!

go on then ,you have our undivided attention ............ 

• Like 1

Not sure about this ‘we deserved something from the game’ stuff from Fleetwood

We battered them and should have won 5-0

I think they had one shot on target from inside the box all game, and that was an odd balance left foot swinger