Fleetwood’s Biggins: “It was a special feeling to walk out on that pitch”

Guest HUDDERSFIELD OWL

I know his dad. He was a good footballer, played for Man City, Burnley,Norwich and Barnsley along with a few more clubs

Guest Kagoshimaowl
6 hours ago, Eastcoastowl said:

Yes but the boy is totally deluded if he thinks they deserved anything from that game!!

Blimey. Didn’t realise.

Feel like a bit of name dropping in order here. 
I played with Wayne at Matlock and Kings Lynn before he went on to Norwich and Man C if I recall via a Lower league Burnley. 
It cost Norwich as we played there in the E Anglian cup and drew 3-3. Joe Royle and Fashanu played for them Wayne scored all 3 and was on fire. They didn’t sign him then and paid a fair whack for him some time later. 
Blinking Bertie. Cracking player. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, edwinowl said:

Blimey. Didn’t realise.

Feel like a bit of name dropping in order here. 
I played with Wayne at Matlock and Kings Lynn before he went on to Norwich and Man C if I recall via a Lower league Burnley. 
It cost Norwich as we played there in the E Anglian cup and drew 3-3. Joe Royle and Fashanu played for them Wayne scored all 3 and was on fire. They didn’t sign him then and paid a fair whack for him some time later. 
Blinking Bertie. Cracking player. 

I remember him from Hillsborough Celtic back in the day. I wasn't good enough to get a game too often but that team included Biggins, Paul Stancliffe, a lad called Stuart Hibberd who played for Lincoln and I think Stevie Adams as well.

8 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I remember him from Hillsborough Celtic back in the day. I wasn't good enough to get a game too often but that team included Biggins, Paul Stancliffe, a lad called Stuart Hibberd who played for Lincoln and I think Stevie Adams as well.

Darren Bradshaw also played in that side think he went to Newcastle. Big Ian Helliwell too went to York I think. 

• Thanks 1

Bert's been a good mate for many years ....... Loves a pint, Used to meet Hirsty, Shez & Carlton in the White Horse at Wadsley Bridge after training for a game of snooker.

Tell's some fantastic stories about his time as a pro footballer & the character's he met along the way .......... The Lou Macari story, who used to be his boss at Stoke & signed him for Celtic is truly amazing!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Bert's been a good mate for many years ....... Loves a pint, Used to meet Hirsty, Shez & Carlton in the White Horse at Wadsley Bridge after training for a game of snooker.

Tell's some fantastic stories about his time as a pro footballer & the character's he met along the way .......... The Lou Macari story, who used to be his boss at Stoke & signed him for Celtic is truly amazing!

go on then ,you have our undivided attention ............ 

• Like 1