Rotherham Away - Your XI

I'd rotate some players.  I think Adeniran is a breath of fresh air, but took a few knocks last night.  I'd have Green right side, Johnson left side and maybe give one of the full backs a rest (e.g. palmer rb brown lb to rest hunt or brown in to rest palmer).  Don't think we'll rotate Bannan in the league, but Luongo could fit in for Wing in some games coming up. Byers should play as often as possible, the sort of player who make you tick, keeps the ball and makes good decisions.

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

Assuming Hutch isn’t fit and considering this is a Derby so we might not see much football played, I’d go with….

Oh dear, Wednesday v Millers isn’t a derby.  Never has been.

Important fixture against a local rival?  Yes.

Derby game?  Absolutely not.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Oh dear, Wednesday v Millers isn’t a derby.  Never has been.

Important fixture against a local rival?  Yes.

Derby game?  Absolutely not.

To us it isn’t a derby but to them it is and as such they’ll be flying into tackles and playing at a high tempo.

That’s why I’m not sure playing 3 ball playing midfielders in the middle of the park, for this match I’d like to see Adenarin put back into the middle.

• Like 1

Wing and Johnson have been disappointing so far. Wing just looks knackered. I'd replace those two. We could put Adeniran back in the middle and Paterson out wide and introduce one of the new wingers (Corbeanu? Sow?). I'd play Paterson in some way for his muscle in both boxes against this lot. We could play Paterson in Wing's place but then Adeniran would have to stay wide.

Wing was brilliant for Rotherham last season so if he is to shine, this should be HIS game, but I really don't think he's fit enough to play again on Sat.

I’d like to ‘not lose’ this more than I’m bothered about winning to be honest. I think Dunkley will start as Rotherham are a physical side and there will be plenty of arial balls into the box. Maybe we should be a tad more direct and not force Dunkley to play out and just clog it up top? Gregory or Camberi can hold the ball up a bit so it’s not like last season where every long ball came straight back at us. 

Will be a real battle on Saturday so some physical presence wouldn’t go amiss. 

Based on Hutch being out…

BPF

Hunt

Dunks 

Iorfa 

Palmer 

Luongo 

Adeniran 

Wing 

Bannan 
Johnson 

Gregory

Harsh on Byers I know but that presence will help us against what is a strong team in this division. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I’m assuming Hutch isn’t fit. Johnson was poor last night so he’s miss out on this one. I liked Byers but it moves Adeniran so wouldn’t do it on Saturday. Fitness permitting because there were some tired legs last night, I’d go

Peacock-Farrell

Hunt         Iorfa           Gibson       Palmer

Adeniran    Bannan  Wing

Corbeanu          Gregory            Brown

Wildsmith, Dunkley, Luongo, Byers, Green, Paterson, Kamberi 

15 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Couple of changes for me again

BPF

Hunt

Iorfa

Hutchinson (Gibson if hutch is out) 

Palmer

Adeniran 

Bannan

Wing

Green

Gregory 

Johnson

Wildsmith, Dunkley, Brown, Byers, Sow/Corbeanu, Paterson, Kamberi

Think a winger on the bench instead of 2 CMs, and Gibson nod over Dunkley to start if hutch misses out. 

Byers not played a lot of first team football, toufh call between him and Wing for that 3rd CM spot if we bring a proper winger in to start. 

I know Green isn't popular but signs on Saturday he was getting better, and gives us more of an attacking outlet, would be useful to get him firing, especially with competition starting to heat up out wide. Big couple of weeks for Green and Johnson especially 

You have to Start wing against his old club and know football is an opinion game but I’ve got to disagree with the green comment 

he gives us nothing of an attacking outlet 

adeniran has looked much better when out there and we have plenty of options of 

brown 

corbeanu

sow 

johnson 

adeniran 

that all gets a nod before green in my opinion

put simply you have to take your chances 

adeniran has green hasn’t 

• Like 1

GK-BPF

RCB-Iorfa

CB-Dunkley

LCB-Gibson (if Hutch not available)

RWB-Hunt

CM-Adeniran

CM-Byers

CM-Wing

LWB-Brown

CAM-Bannan

CF-Gregory 

Subs

Wildsmith

Palmer

Luongo 

Johnson

Corbeanu 

Paterson 

Kamberi 

Play Bannan in a more advanced role to push further up. 

Although I doubt this will happen as Moore likes his 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 formations. Anyway I trust in Daz to get this right.

As someone who has said I’d like to see Brown at left back and players like Corbeanu and Sow in the forward line, I’m happy to concede that on Saturday it’s probably best to keep things similar and tight to get a result.  So I’d probably go with the below.  But then hopefully start to bring in a more attacking approach after Saturday 

PF

Hunt   Iorfa   Gibson   Palmer 

Wing   Byers   Bannan

Adeniran   Gregory   Brown 

I was surprised that there weren’t more changes against Fleetwood. Wing has to play in this one, not only because it’s his old club but because set pieces will be important.

Byers could start with wing finishing perhaps.

Dunkley at the back is a no brainier if St Samuel is out. As is Paterson at inside right.

Dennis back in midfield. 

Brown for Johnson would make sense.

Edited by George

On 18/08/2021 at 12:20, Kagoshimaowl said:

I’m assuming Hutch isn’t fit. Johnson was poor last night so he’s miss out on this one. I liked Byers but it moves Adeniran so wouldn’t do it on Saturday. Fitness permitting because there were some tired legs last night, I’d go

Peacock-Farrell

Hunt         Iorfa           Gibson       Palmer

Adeniran    Bannan  Wing

Corbeanu          Gregory            Brown

Wildsmith, Dunkley, Luongo, Byers, Green, Paterson, Kamberi 

This works.

Drop into 2 lines of 4 when they attack.

Depends on who is fit. Some looked a bit leggy on Tuesday, still early in the season though and the first midweek game. We also had 5 players 30+ starting on Tuesday, some may need to be managed. 

Our squad could give us the advantage, Moore seems to be itching to play Corbeanu, Kamberi should be fairly fresh, as should Dunkley, Dele-Bashiru with Gibson and Sow raring to go for their debut. Difficult to second guess who will recover for Saturday. We're getting close to knowing our first choice 11, but will be changes along the way. 

Plenty of options.