Hutchinson

Guest Kagoshimaowl
48 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Dunkley’s a right sided centre back but had to play left side tonight, where he isn’t as comfortable on the ball. Hutchinson is a class act and can play either centre back position. Is Gibson left footed?

Yes he’s left footed. Has to start on Saturday if Hutch is unfit. Dunkley cannot play the way Moore wants. Anyway, the balance should always be a beast of a cb with a slightly more cultured one.

Iorfa or Dunkley with Hutchinson or Gibson

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Sam just felt something tighten – could be his calf or around the ankle – and he made it through to half time but it was the right thing to do to take him off.

We will assess Sam over the next 24 or 48 hours and hopefully it will settle down. We’ll get him scanned and take it from there.

I thought Chey came on and did really well, everything you want from a centre half, he was solid and assured. He will have a big part to play for us this season.

Ironic that Sam had an injured leg, yet was replaced with a player with only one leg 😀

• Haha 1

Was gutted with that injury. Said in a thread prior to the game that I'd have rested him. He was looking so class before as well. That said Dunkley came in and did a job. 

Most of the players look very comfortable playing it out as well which while unnerving at times means we retain the ball better rather than just hoofing it up field. 

• Like 1

I think Moore insists we do it..I said Saturday it worried me, but I suppose like everything else it has to gell.

Its not so much the passing it along the back, it sometimes seems to end in a 50/50 ball to a midfielder deep in our half, and we lose  one of them, it looks dangerous, we also do it ever so slowly from the outset, which also looks dangerous...

One thing we did do well was close the game out though, which has been a problem for a while

Edited by asteener1867

Thought we mixed playing from the back and long ball more last night now we have Gregory who can and did actually win a ball in the air, Before he played every long ball was lost so we had to play out from the back, Darren knows what he's doing and Im happy with that. Great crowd last night and the few they brought were annoyingly loud (good on em). Was it just me or for the first time I can remember did Barry Bannan look tired from about 75 mins, even though he kept going. Onwards and upwards.

Hutchinson will be a big miss if we are trying to play out from the back. 

people who are moaning that playing out from the back will cost us. We have just kept 4 clean sheets in a row! 

There will be times when we give away the odd goal but let’s trust the managers and the players. 

• Like 1

Gibson in for me - if he can play at Championship level and is much more at home with playing out from the back, then we go with him. 

Dunkley is a blocker/header/kicker, doesn't fit in with Moore's play of building out from the back and you could see the nerves in him when looking for that next pass and Fleetwood knew it and pressured him. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Sam just felt something tighten – could be his calf or around the ankle – and he made it through to half time but it was the right thing to do to take him off.

We will assess Sam over the next 24 or 48 hours and hopefully it will settle down. We’ll get him scanned and take it from there.

I thought Chey came on and did really well, everything you want from a centre half, he was solid and assured. He will have a big part to play for us this season.

It looks like Moore plan is for Bannan to play higher up & have Hutchinson take on Bannans number 4 role from centre back.

Big hole in the middle when Hutch left.

• Like 1

Dunkley is probably our best defender when the balls in the air. It’s when the balls on the floor that I worry! He’s very good to have on the bench, when it’s the last 10 minutes and teams are pumping long desperate balls into the box. 

hope hutch makes a recovery. 

• Like 4

I’m hoping it’s just a minor strain and he’s either available on Saturday or he misses just one game.

He just looks a class act - always has time, distribution is brilliant and the combination with iorfa is spot on.

We should never play him in CDM again. Thought he was great there for 2 seasons but given his age and also the potential for more injuries, centre half is definitely his position now. 

10 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Hope Hutchinson is ok for the weekend.

Dunkley worries me, would rather Gibson play than him from the little I’ve seen of him.

I said to a mate I thought it upset the balance somewhat when he came on. I wasn't as confident as when Hutch was on but he did a job. Allbeit very worryingly at times. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, marshy said:

I said to a mate I thought it upset the balance somewhat when he came on. I wasn't as confident as when Hutch was on but he did a job. Allbeit very worryingly at times. 

I think Hutch is class but I also think he brings out the best in Iorfa. Hope he is fit for Saturday