Hutchinson

Sam just felt something tighten – could be his calf or around the ankle – and he made it through to half time but it was the right thing to do to take him off.

We will assess Sam over the next 24 or 48 hours and hopefully it will settle down. We’ll get him scanned and take it from there.

I thought Chey came on and did really well, everything you want from a centre half, he was solid and assured. He will have a big part to play for us this season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I thought Dunkley was ok in a no nonsense kind of way, I’d worry about his distribution though?

Actually though both FB’s advanced the ball well tonight and would’ve liked to have seen that outlet favoured over some of the other balls into the feet of midfielders who were under the press. We have too much possession away like that IMO.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 4

Gibson from what we’ve been told is more of a ball player at the back so potentially he could offer a replacement for hutch . Hopefully just precautionary and he’s ok for Saturday though . 

dunkley certainly good in the air and tackling, just unsure on his passing ability / pace 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I thought Chey came on and did really well, everything you want from a centre half, he was solid and assured. He will have a big part to play for us this season.

He's  a decent enough player at this level but playing out from the back isnt his strongest suit. 

• Like 1

Just now, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Gibson from what we’ve been told is more of a ball player at the back so potentially he could offer a replacement for hutch . Hopefully just precautionary and he’s ok for Saturday though . 

dunkley certainly good in the air and tackling, just unsure on his passing ability / pace 

Interesting if he’s more comfortable on the ball. Dunkley makes sense against opposition you expect to be good in the air. Otherwise we’d need someone with better feet and composure to play as we are.

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

He's  a decent enough player at this level but playing out from the back isnt his strongest suit. 

We need to stop playing out from the back..only a matter of time b4 we concede..it’s ok occasionally but no need all the time

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

Interesting if he’s more comfortable on the ball. Dunkley makes sense against opposition you expect to be good in the air. Otherwise we’d need someone with better feet and composure to play as we are.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RQpnYliQBfw

Good short vid showing some gibson at reading . Some nice passing in there , 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Therealrealist said:

We need to stop playing out from the back..only a matter of time b4 we concede..it’s ok occasionally but no need all the time

I dont like it and we'll  cop one sooner or later but its Moore's way of  playing so dont think he's  going to  change .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Have to say Hutch looks such a class act at CB, really hope he stays fit and injury free this season.

Regarding Dunkley I think he's a good option to have on the bench, plenty of experience in this league, tonight I thought he looked composed and decent in the air challenging for headers. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Dunkley’s a right sided centre back but had to play left side tonight, where he isn’t as comfortable on the ball. Hutchinson is a class act and can play either centre back position. Is Gibson left footed?

Yes, he's left-footed.

1476190126_Screenshot2021-08-17at18_48_41.png.e46527efa8261d5d599fcfa5d5c401a1.png

I think we’ll need to moderate our playing out from the back if we have Iorfa and Dunkley as centre halves. Neither are great on the ball in my opinion. Also, I felt we looked really unbalanced with Dunkley and Palmer on the left hand side of our defence. I understand that Hutchinson is right footed but he’s so comfortable on the ball, even when playing left sided centre half, that we don’t miss a natural left footer there.

• Like 4