Attendance 21,130 (vs Fleetwood)

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, Brommers said:

I bought 2 tickets today for myself and 18 year old son. Was pleasantly surprised that it was only £34 for seats on the Kop.

Exactamondo...therel be loads out there who still think it costs a mint

2 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Still nor advertised enough...top prices for youngsters..£12 on Koop for under 16s...think of all the youngsters in walk-in distance of the ground..cross,,,Southey..longley etc...school holidays...but I bet loads of their parents still think it’s about a million quid a game...get the word out..prices are spo5 on this season

I noticed the concession pricing was a bit odd for tonight though. Student and Armed Forces prices had no discount on regular adult prices, but were 10 quid cheaper than adults for the Doncaster game.

So even though the adult prices were cheaper tonight against Fleetwood with it being a lower priority game, the concession prices were actually 5 or 6 quid more expensive than the Donny game. Seems like a bit of a pricing cockup, though not really sure how many of those tickets we generally sell anyway.

3 hours ago, sternlad said:

Checked some of the other attendances in league one, off the top of me head only Portsmouth and Plymouth managed double figures!!! Some of these clubs will get a Reyt shock when thousands of wednesdayites descend on their compact and bijou stadia.

always remember an edition of The Beano where a new car design was described as “compact and bijou”, had to look it up but thought I was reyt clever describing things as ‘bijou’ at age 9 

lol

I went to the Donny game with the wife and we took our little girl for the first time. She loved it and has asked to go back.

The prices as they are this season are very reasonable. I have a friend who supports Scunthorpe and our prices for the Kop aren’t much difference from what they charge to sit down in the stand opposite their main stand.

I have been one of Chansiri’s fiercest critics, but I can’t grumble about prices this season.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, VBQ24 said:

I think crowds are boosted by the fact we've not been allowed in for so long, still good turnout.

Same for everyone that though...he fact that we pull in more than most Championship clubs shows you the potential when the team wins and the prices are reasonable...Play like we did first half hour and that will help...I fully expected about 17k last night.

Thought the Fleetwood fans backed their team well given the sparse numbers, but we are always gonna have that at home...Teams step up and fans step up..Its the club and the ground..Luckily we seem to have a team that can cope

On 15/08/2021 at 00:01, Kagoshimaowl said:

No we wouldn’t. If we play two up top that would be two in midfield. We’d get battered and overrun!

8 hours ago, fudge27 said:

How many St's did we shift? 

About 15000 I have been told.

10 hours ago, sternlad said:

Checked some of the other attendances in league one, off the top of me head only Portsmouth and Plymouth managed double figures!!! Some of these clubs will get a Reyt shock when thousands of wednesdayites descend on their compact and bijou stadia.

Can't wait for the Morecombe game. Reckon there'll be more away fans than home fans.😉

15 hours ago, VBQ24 said:

I think crowds are boosted by the fact we've not been allowed in for so long, still good turnout.

On the flip side I know many seniors who aren't attending still due to the risks etc.

Wonder if they could do a more socially distanced area for high(er) risk fans etc?

Can see us hitting 25/26k crowds this season 

possibly even in our next home game as I’m expecting Sunderland to travel 

we won’t get it every game but we will hit it 3/4 times this year 

this is going to be a season of celebration hope a few more buy into if they can afford to go and get the old girl rocking 

top crowd for a Tuesday night league one fixture with next to non away following 

WAWAW

Good pre-season, a decent start, better connection with the club and fans and most importantly more reasonable ticket prices. 

I've also maintained DC was way off with the match day pricing and nowhere near utilising two of our biggest assets in the ground capacity and fan base. Liam Dooley/DC or whoever have got this right now so hopefully it will grow and continue in the future. Two decent opening crowds and Sunderland next quite possibly in the high 20 touching 30k if the good start carries on.

6 hours ago, modboy said:

On the flip side I know many seniors who aren't attending still due to the risks etc.

Wonder if they could do a more socially distanced area for high(er) risk fans etc?

Amongst the Fleetwood fans.

• Haha 1

It’s very good well done everyone 

Just for a bit of perspective when the Saints were last in league one their average attendance were 20.9k and 22k during their promotion season.  And Leicester was 20k.  So we are not as tin pot as some other club supporters might say we are.